Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Government site. Slow! Probably hacked by the Russians or the Chinese! LOL That's what it was. Kim Jung Un set off a underground nuclear blast. :wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Sorry, it was me. Pepperoni and garlic cheese fart...my bad.

:lol:

Last edited:
Only sort of, you need to smooth and polish.. Using the process he describes will work well, but the final polish must be done using a soft-metal polish made for aluminum if you want the bright finish back. You also need to be gentle on the wet sanding since you can literally sand through the metal because it is so soft. Just work to get the finish even at each step and no further.
After doing the SS to perfection, I sanded a spot on my chrome bumper. The look of the bumper even after 2000 grit was ahh crap.
I thought I was paying for a re-chrome. Took the mag polish and it all smoothed out.

After doing the SS to perfection, I sanded a spot on my chrome bumper. The look of the bumper even after 2000 grit was ahh crap.
I thought I was paying for a re-chrome. Took the mag polish and it all smoothed out.
Wow, I didn't know you could do that.

Wow, I didn't know you could do that.
Took all the scratches and marks off.
Here is a small shot of trunk well trim I sanded.

IMG_2478.JPG

And it was quick and so easy to do.
Nothing pitted or rusty so probably a plus.
Just your 50 year plus of scratches and nicks.

All a matter of how thick the chrome was and how much you removed. If you are still in the chrome layer it will polish out. Usually you start seeing yellow from the next layer. Will still shine, just not nice chrome silver.

-
Back