Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My satellite has 14 inch rubber. The no options avaible for new
Bought Firestone D-70-14 bias-ply wide oval. They are out there.
Check your DOT code your might be really old, so old they might not have a DOT code.

Good morning all. Yep if you are going to drive it craig , switch back and forth. Radial s were invented for a good reason
Most fun tires I've used were bias plies. Hoosier Street TDs
a79765ec-f810-467d-b131-85ba58b47c5c-gif-gif.gif

They'd hang in there way past their point of maximum traction.
Hard to drive them to their max potential.
And I would never use them on public highways.
laugh2-gif.gif

I think it comes down to the specific tire.

B body question, were disc brakes offered as an option in 1966?
From what I read they were offered back in 56. Looked and all I saw was drum for the 67 383 vert.
Now with 67 Barracuda the 383 got disc front and drum rear.
I'd guess your 383 is also like that.

From what I read they were offered back in 56. Looked and all I saw was drum for the 67 383 vert.
Seems it was a very rare option in b bodies in '66

only seeing it as an option for Valiant/ Barracuda.
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1966 Plymouth Salesman's Pocket Guide

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1966 Accessories Catalog (Page 1)

You'll be fine. Just will have to shell out for some good shoes. Porterfield and Rochester will reline and arc them. And there's a couple guys selling older stock and even factory shoes.
Have 2 NOS front drums, got them in Carlisle. Just need good shoes. LONNNG way till I need to worry about brakes!!

Have 2 NOS front drums, got them in Carlisle. Just need good shoes. LONNNG way till I need to worry about brakes!!
That's awsome! You'll have to see how it is on the long downhills out of the mountains. You probably downshift anyway out of habit..

Best watched with the volume turned up. :)
and don't give up on the 'vair when he gets passed at 2:30 ;)
Do you know if anyone drilled a set of drums to help dissipate the off gassing? Seems like it would work....

I restored a 68 Road Runner that had factory Bendix 4 piston disc brakes. Car had many options, as it was an ordered car. Still have a set Bendix brand pads for that, for sale, in Carlisle. Nobody knows what they are, apparently

Do you know if anyone drilled a set of drums to help dissipate the off gassing? Seems like it would work....
Fred Puhn writes about doing that for racing in his Brake Handbook.
Be interesting to find out if that was done by Petty or earlier stock car racers before disks became available.
Now a days about the only folks racing with drums on the front have cars like the Corvair in vintage racing, or long lived SCCA classes like Formula V. Those are probably the folks who would know the most about pushing drums to the limits.

-
Back