Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Summer time buddy. People are out and about.
Hope your doing well. Sounds like your keeping busy as usual.
Yes....Getting building material together to start on new work area. With a lift!! I deserve one... Now, 4 post or 2 post? Big question...

Yes....Getting building material together to start on new work area. With a lift!! I deserve one... Now, 4 post or 2 post? Big question...
As someone with a two post, I would recommend a 4 post.

Haha sorry about that buddy. I found out last night my buddy Rocky is coming out in September, to stay with us for a week.
He knows these cars inside and out by the number. He can talk and work on a Barracuda as well or better than Lonnie.
We are going to do a few things with the car to get it ready for the Chicago show. He's had cars, and judged cars, in National Shows.
We've spent a lot of time together at Carlisle the last couple years, and talk weekly. This will be fun.

And just to muddy the water, as someone with a two post I will never go back to a 4 post! I think perhaps that question has no better ending than the infamous what cam do I use question!
Yeah. I like my two post for a lot of reasons but the biggest reason I would switch is simply due to stability of the vehicle while on the lift. I’ve got a 12k commercial rated one and little vehicles like my Jeep or the wife’s Durango are just fine, but man, I put the truck on there and no matter how much I try to center the weight, it’s still rocking pretty good. So I installed safety chains with booms to stop it

Yeah. I like my two post for a lot of reasons but the biggest reason I would switch is simply due to stability of the vehicle while on the lift. I’ve got a 12k commercial rated one and little vehicles like my Jeep or the wife’s Durango are just fine, but man, I put the truck on there and no matter how much I try to center the weight, it’s still rocking pretty good. So I installed safety chains with booms to stop it
Have that with mine also. Only real draw back to me if your doing body work the doors wont open and you have to move it around to do those areas. Really what your needs are. Right now it sucks with the Cuda on it ripped apart, no way I can take the doors off now until it is a roller again!

Have that with mine also. Only real draw back to me if your doing body work the doors wont open and you have to move it around to do those areas. Really what your needs are. Right now it sucks with the Cuda on it ripped apart, no way I can take the doors off now until it is a roller again!
There is that too. Plus I’m getting too old with a bad knee to be kneeling on concrete setting the lift pads just so right

Fall is in the air up here this morning, down in 40s last night fog on the ground as a result. Fearless hound has already driven wife crazy chasing squirrels this morning. We may not even get a ripe tomato this year before first frost. Fargo still suks!

And just to muddy the water, as someone with a two post I will never go back to a 4 post! I think perhaps that question has no better ending than the infamous what cam do I use question!
They both have their place.
I dont care for the 2 post,from a safety standpoint, balancing different vehicles can be a challenge. Setup was a pet peeve, crawling around trying to line up the ams in the right places.
Cant fix rockers,or safely strip a car down to the shell without adding supports.

4 post-
Front end work is a ***** on 4 post compared to a 2. Still do-able. Without jack trays or bridge jacks pulling wheels is near impossible.
They take up a lot of space.
4 post needs more maintenance and regular adjustments. Deck is dirty all the time.
Engine bay is 6-7 inches higher, working on a big wheel truck requires a good step in order to reach inside engine bay.
Pulling an engine is more difficult,the legs have to go under the hoist.

I can go on and on about disadvantages with both hoists,but i will use a 4 post before a 2 post any day.
Have been hoisting vehicles on 2 and 4 post for 20 plus years and i just feel safer using a drive on.

They both have their place.
I dont care for the 2 post,from a safety standpoint, balancing different vehicles can be a challenge. Setup was a pet peeve, crawling around trying to line up the ams in the right places.
Cant fix rockers,or safely strip a car down to the shell without adding supports.

4 post-
Front end work is a ***** on 4 post compared to a 2. Still do-able. Without jack trays or bridge jacks pulling wheels is near impossible.
They take up a lot of space.
4 post needs more maintenance and regular adjustments. Deck is dirty all the time.
Engine bay is 6-7 inches higher, working on a big wheel truck requires a good step in order to reach inside engine bay.
Pulling an engine is more difficult,the legs have to go under the hoist.

I can go on and on about disadvantages with both hoists,but i will use a 4 post before a 2 post any day.
Have been hoisting vehicles on 2 and 4 post for 20 plus years and i just feel safer using a drive on.
So what you’re say is.... buy one of each

Fall is in the air up here this morning, down in 40s last night fog on the ground as a result. Fearless hound has already driven wife crazy chasing squirrels this morning. We may not even get a ripe tomato this year before first frost. Fargo still suks!

It is too early to be using that 4 letter word!!!! (Fall) We aren't finished with summer yet!

I always wanted a center post from the old gas station days. Doubt they even make them any more. Stable, only real drawback I remember was long exhaust pipes to snake into place.

-
Back