Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
reportedly????
whatever.

Done with the top for now.
Found a couple pinholes when sanding.
upload_2019-7-30_15-11-49.png

B-tank is not here. Patched with a super thin lead foil and epoxy. :)
upload_2019-7-30_15-12-28.png

In a month or so I'll paint the cornice and cut in the rest. Afte the paint has really cured, but before winter, three coats of acrymax.
upload_2019-7-30_15-14-14.png

upload_2019-7-30_15-17-58.png

Old WOOD ladder. Toss it your life is worth more.
Don't worry. It's only a few feet from the 2nd roof to the 3rd. I wouldn't use it for a working ladder but I like it for this.
Believe me!
Not a fan of old lightweight aluminum extension ladders either - although I still have one of those as well. Sometimes its just what's needed.

Actually the worst ladder was one of the telescoping collapsing ones a park maint manager dropped off so I could look on a roof. Thanks, no thanks! Open eves, roof boards bad - no way - I'm not a gymnast. Knucklehead. Thanks to people like him its no wonder some places have such highly restrictive work rules.

For extension ladders, yes!
That's a nice one you've linked to, but still a pain in maneuvering in hallways and out windows.
Although I think my 24' is Louisville brand. That's about as much as I can handle comfortably. Only times need taller than that I'm either sub or an employee
That is extension and A frame ladder combo.

Good evening guys. Just made out like a bandit. Local Advance Auto/Carquest is closing. 90% off all floor items. $1000+ worth of stuff for $113. Light bulbs, electric fan, oil coolers, filters, oil, fuses, tools, key switch, paint, trim adhesive, battery charger etc.

20190730_170331.jpg

I used to climb telephone poles every day. Stepped and unstepped with Gaffs. And of course we used ladders as well. 30ft extension type. I will tell you, we had far more ladder injuries then falls from poles, stepped unstepped... They are dangerous if not respected. They will twist out from under you..

Friend of mine had surgery on his foot to reconstruct bones yesterday. Coming down a metal ladder from one roof to another and fell. Basically crushed his heel bone

Friend of mine had surgery on his foot to reconstruct bones yesterday. Coming down a metal ladder from one roof to another and fell. Basically crushed his heel bone
Good friend of myself, and lots of others, in the phone company, died alone in a **** hole alley when he got knocked off ladder, 30ft up. Was not following proper safety protocols. 5 Kids and a wife. Ladder,

-
Back