Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We had a radio site on a pole that was placed 25 feet up because we didn't have a right of way and they couldn't pedestal mount it. Technician fell from ladder onto table below, impossible to safely open doors of cabinet at that height with where you could place the ladder. Safety dept. did a "root cause analysis", you guessed it technician at fault. I have quite a bit of experience in safety including a long safety school in California but anyone knows the first thing to consider is engineering controls, don't build in a hazard. So now we have to get a bucket truck onsite and be lifted up to this cabinet, so much for response time but it's all we can do because of where it was placed.

I had an electrical walk thru yesterday for my shop, I come home today and it's almost finished, panels, transfer switch, outlets, garage door wiring, lights and all. Holy Crap, I'm glad something went fast!

I wonder if you could incorporate a rotisserie into the four post lift? Bet you could......Hmmmmm
28F81A62-0861-4376-AE18-04934640B7B4.jpeg
Beat you to it...

Finally got transmission out of that stinkin dodge journey. Awd makes it a royal pain in the ***.
One bellhousing bolt is hidden. Cannot get any sort of tool on it.
5 HOURS BATTLING ONE BOLT!!
Its not going back in.

Old WOOD ladders always scared the hell out of me.
As a teenager. I helped a friend one day, big kid for his age 16 and 6'8"
His father sent him up a wood ladder he just bought a few days previous from a guy on the street for 3 dollars.
Well as Tom gets to the top, a bucket of roof cement in each hand, and straddles the ladder it snaps.
Came down every rung on his jewels.
77 years old and still tells the story to this day.
Funny to see his wife's face and rolling eyes every time he tells someone.
Must be something about that generation - saving money by buying cheap used ladders.
That and using them even after they've bent or broken.
I thought it was just my dad.
But my neighbor down here was the same way.
The great depression, the war, probably both.

Good evening guys. Just made out like a bandit. Local Advance Auto/Carquest is closing. 90% off all floor items. $1000+ worth of stuff for $113. Light bulbs, electric fan, oil coolers, filters, oil, fuses, tools, key switch, paint, trim adhesive, battery charger etc.

View attachment 1715371287
Glad you were able to take advantage of it. Of the box stores, carquest had a pretty good selection. Hopefully you have other options nearby.

I used to climb telephone poles every day. Stepped and unstepped with Gaffs. And of course we used ladders as well. 30ft extension type. I will tell you, we had far more ladder injuries then falls from poles, stepped unstepped... They are dangerous if not respected. They will twist out from under you..
Now I see very little ladder work and no one climbing anymore with the bucket trucks so common.

Something to consider is the length.i need to be in exactly the right spot for them to line up. Its a bit on an act, but manageable.
Glad im done with it for now.
That was pretty slick jig work TJ.

I had an electrical walk thru yesterday for my shop, I come home today and it's almost finished, panels, transfer switch, outlets, garage door wiring, lights and all. Holy Crap, I'm glad something went fast!
Now look it over!

Maybe its better where you're at; electrical inspections here are a joke.

My idea is to raise the lift, sans car, then roll car under the raised lift. Connect fabbed mounts, then raise the lift further, with car on mounts under it. Raise enough to rotate the assembly...Might work....
Thats a long car,my barracuda had only inches to spare on the hoist. Some modification and it would work with longer cars.

My idea is to raise the lift, sans car, then roll car under the raised lift. Connect fabbed mounts, then raise the lift further, with car on mounts under it. Raise enough to rotate the assembly...Might work....

Maybe this is a dumb question Tim, but why?
I mean why have stuff hanging down to frame points? Seem like it would be in the way.

I see.
I was only thinking quarters, not undeneath.
I did the 66 without, just jack stands. I really don't need a rotisserie......you can get a nice angle with just stands...enough to sand paint the bottom..

-
Back