Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yea, A Trailer QU.........Mess!!!!!! I told my wife all the car was there, all trim, everything except what fell off from the rust on the way home. Like a bread crumb trail from Red lion to Vista! Rust bits all the way....

The brat-in-law says he found a new BBQ joint in San Diego he wants to try when they come over from the wasteland :lol:. Flinn's in El Cajon I think it is.

Does that thing have casters or no?
Plans include plates to mount casters. I put casters and jacks on mine.
20190731_104622.jpg

Now if I can just get off my *** and mount a car to it...

Transmission is back in...
One bolt left over.
And its laying in the corner under the winch that tried to kill me a few weeks ago.

Anyone identify if this is A body, B body, or what??

4spd 2.PNG

4spd 3.PNG

4spd 4.PNG

4spd.PNG

A body (probably FM or J body) aluminum case overdrive. (looks like from here)

A body (probably FM or J body) aluminum case overdrive. (looks like from here)

Hey Mike....So with the rear mount shifter location it will/should work in an A body? Overdrive may be nice....

Should work. I think you have to switch tour bearing retainer to match the bellhousing though.

Kind of odd to see the dual shifter mounts. Tailshaft looks like B/E body mounts.

Then again, It could be out of a truck for all I know...
That could be as well. The overdrives were used in 1/2 ton pick ups as well.

Just a local Craigslist ad.. $250 obo. Not sure either of us need or want one, but we know how that goes....

Just a local Craigslist ad.. $250 obo. Not sure either of us need or want one, but we know how that goes....
I have never adapted one but I have one and have read a few articles about them . Use search here for more information before pulling the trigger. You need a torquey motor to make them work well. AJ/FormS has a lot of info about rpm splits with the trans ratios and different rear end ratios and tire size. They are basically a 3 speed with 4th being a overdrive.

I have never adapted one but I have one and have read a few articles about them . Use search here for more information before pulling the trigger. You need a torquey motor to make them work well. AJ/FormS has a lot of info about rpm splits with the trans ratios and different rear end ratios and tire size. They are basically a 3 speed with 4th being a overdrive.

4th/overdrive is kinda on the wimpy side power wise I hear.

4th/overdrive is kinda on the wimpy side power wise I hear.
You really need the right rear gear to match the tire size. If you don't go far enough with a performance engine, it runs too slow, so far below the power band that it can be a dog.

Surprised they put those in pickups. The old rule of the day on manual 4 spds in trucks was those nasty heavy center mount 4 spds with the non-synchro 1st gear

-
Back