Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Did you get the note from the Omaha club? Looks like the tossed all their modern Mopars! I don't think it is going over well!
I didn't join I should only decent club in the area. They tossed them from the show, the club, or both??

That sounds sweet. Yep same here, just me and the cats. I wish I could sleep in like the wife, but that's now how it is.
Yep I came in from soaking in hot tub and mine is "purring" she is female so clearly she can't snore! Hah! Me and the hound have checked for the all to dangerous killer squirrels that run about the place while we fetched the paper. Sipping a green tea. All good in Fargo.

Yep I came in from soaking in hot tub and mine is "purring" she is female so clearly she can't snore! Hah! Me and the hound have checked for the all to dangerous killer squirrels that run about the place while we fetched the paper. Sipping a green tea. All good in Fargo.
Green tea??? Next you'll be pulling through the drive through drinking Mocha Mocha Choke a something...:rofl:

I didn't join I should only decent club in the area. They tossed them from the show, the club, or both??
Looks like just from the Club, they explained there were multiple local Mopar Clubs that the new folks could join but they wanted to go back to their roots and be exclusive to muscle car years only. I am seeing kind of the same thing up here. There are more and more folks discovering the Challenger for the first time via the modern one. They get all filled with Mopar pride ( a good thing) and search out Mopar clubs. Next thing you know the small local show is flooded with new not classic cars.

Looks like just from the Club, they explained there were multiple local Mopar Clubs that the new folks could join but they wanted to go back to their roots and be exclusive to muscle car years only. I am seeing kind of the same thing up here. There are more and more folks discovering the Challenger for the first time via the modern one. They get all filled with Mopar pride ( a good thing) and search out Mopar clubs. Next thing you know the small local show is flooded with new not classic cars.
I agree!! I'll never understand how or why a guy buys a new Challenger and then enters a car show. Excuse me, but I can go to the car lot and look at it. Whats special???
We went a car show couple years ago. They gave out ten Top Ten awards. A 2016 and 2017 Challenger were two of the top ten. Club members were the judges, and yes club members were eligible for the awards. Yes we won something, no we haven't been back.
Starting to see around here car shows will say 1980 or older, things like that to keep the newer car owners away.

Roof is almost done just some trim left. Idiot only wants $100. That aint happening. Have to love the guy. Kept telling him to call for me when he needed me, never did. Hope the wife kept him Hydrated though. Did not even see him leave was *** deep in distribs yesterday.

I agree!! I'll never understand how or why a guy buys a new Challenger and then enters a car show. excuse me but I can go to the car lot and look at it, whats special???
We went a car show couple years ago. They gave out ten Top Ten awards. A 2016 and 2017 Challenger were two of the top ten. Club members were the judges, and yes club members were eligible for the awards. Yes we won something, no we haven't been back.
Starting to see around here car shows will say 1980 or older, things like that to keep the newer car owners away.
That Corvette show was exactly that way, the field was pretty much 2005 and newer. I just don't get it. Was talking to a guy there and this made total sense.

"A young guy has 80k for a car why buy a older one and have to find someone to work on it when they can get the latest and greatest for the same price with a warrantee"

Roof is almost done just some trim left. Idiot only wants $100. That aint happening. Have to love the guy. Kept telling him to call for me when he needed me, never did. Hope the wife kept him Hydrated though. Did not even see him leave was *** deep in distribs yesterday.
Guys like that Ray I give them the cash and then a nice gift card to a good steak place.

That Corvette show was exactly that way, the field was pretty much 2005 and newer. I just don't get it. Was talking to a guy there and this made total sense.

"A young guy has 80k for a car why buy a older one and have to find someone to work on it when they can get the latest and greatest for the same price with a warrantee"
Ya but going that way they never experience the "cool" factor.

Trying to set up a fishing trip by Mitches. Would love to go again with the same guy. He wants me to go with him in a few weeks to a Catfish rodeo which pretty much sounds like hanging out at Carlisle. Have to pave the way with the wife on that one.

I agree!! I'll never understand how or why a guy buys a new Challenger and then enters a car show. Excuse me, but I can go to the car lot and look at it. Whats special???
I am not going to respond to this note as it will wind me up like a clock! Suffice to say I totally agree. I have no issue with bone stock new cars at a car show but they should have their own class. As you well know I have a modern fire breathing Scat Pack Challenger. But it does not go to the shows. I mean quite frankly their is nothing special about it? I got my check book out and bought it. Doesn't mean I don't love it and drive the crap out of it but it does not belong in a car show. I cannot begin to tell you the shows I have seen of late where the top cars are bone stock showroom floor camaro mustang or vette. Oops said I wasn't going to rant.

Ya but going that way they never experience the "cool" factor.
I agree there is something about making a old car new again to me or just making a old school hot rod out of it! I have only bought one new car and it was a commuter for work, but turned out to be a leftover Cobalt SS. Could not say no. Fast little car with the right tires handles great ands gets 34 MPG if you keep your foot off the pedal on occasion!

Corvette guys (except Mitch) are a little different anyway. We have a couple local ones here go to all the car shows. They have their cars all crapped out with stuffed animals, tribute to Elvis under hood pads, some stuffed kid crying over the bumper, glitter chit sprinkled on the pavement around their car. Looks like a mobile stripper dance floor. Anyway they go to a small town around here and don't win...ever. They can't figure it out either.

:rofl:
Corvette guys (except Mitch) are a little different anyway. We have a couple local ones here go to all the car shows. They have their cars all crapped out with stuffed animals, tribute to Elvis under hood pads, some stuffed kid crying over the bumper, glitter chit sprinkled on the pavement around their car. Looks like a mobile stripper dance floor. Anyway they go to a small town around here and don't win...ever. They can't figure it out either.

That's great!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am not going to respond to this note as it will wind me up like a clock! Suffice to say I totally agree. I have no issue with bone stock new cars at a car show but they should have their own class. As you well know I have a modern fire breathing Scat Pack Challenger. But it does not go to the shows. I mean quite frankly their is nothing special about it? I got my check book out and bought it. Doesn't mean I don't love it and drive the crap out of it but it does not belong in a car show. I cannot begin to tell you the shows I have seen of late where the top cars are bone stock showroom floor camaro mustang or vette. Oops said I wasn't going to rant.
I know you have it, and know how much you enjoy it. I agree they need their own class.
Omaha club membership must be good to decide we don't need you.
Be interesting to see how they class them at their next car show.

Last edited:
I know you have it, and know how much you enjoy it. I agree they need their own class.
Omaha club membership must be good to decide we don't want you.
Be interesting to see how they class them at their next car show.
Makes me glad I signed up when we were there! I like supporting a Club like that!

Morning. Small car show north of here. Parts store puts it on every year. Going for a burger and a drink. Wife will come for a ride too.
Move stuff around in quonset, firebird can go to scrap lineup.
I want to pull the hide away headlights and save for a future project.
Start preparing to move fabric shelter and organize a few sheds. I have one that’s totally empty so it will get loaded in an organized way.

-
Back