Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Language is a funny thing. Since English is not my first language, it is a lot of words I have never heard spoken. But seen it written, and based on how other words are pronounced that has a similar spelling, I have in some cases thought that was what was right, and used it. You know the word "new", as in New York. And the word "sewer", which has that same "ew" as in new, and is pronounced the same way, just start with an s, and end with "er". Then comes the word "sew" as in "sew clothes". What are you talking about my wife asked... lol

Then, while we lived back in Norway, and I was out mowing the lawn. A "v" and "w" is kind of a funny thing. A "w" is a "double-U", and not a "double-V". But, in Norwegian it is "v" and "double-v". And, we do not differ in the way we pronounce the letter. "W" is not used in the Norwegian language, other than for names, like Willy for example, but pronounced "Villy".
So, back to the lawn. I came back in and said I was glad I was done "moving" the lawn. My wife looked at me... puzzled, and asked, where did you move it ? :D I looked at her, equally puzzled, not realizing I had made a fool of myself. Well, it did not take many seconds until I realized I had made a fool of myself. And we have had a lot of fun about that later. The question from her is often, are you done moving the lawn. Yes, I moved it to the bin I tell her. :D

Let me tell you, we have a lot of fun with my English. A lot... :D

Bill

Language is a funny thing. Since English is not my first language, it is a lot of words I have never heard spoken. But seen it written, and based on how other words are pronounced that has a similar spelling, I have in some cases thought that was what was right, and used it. You know the word "new", as in New York. And the word "sewer", which has that same "ew" as in new, and is pronounced the same way, just start with an s, and end with "er". Then comes the word "sew" as in "sew clothes". What are you talking about my wife asked... lol

Then, while we lived back in Norway, and I was out mowing the lawn. A "v" and "w" is kind of a funny thing. A "w" is a "double-U", and not a "double-V". But, in Norwegian it is "v" and "double-v". And, we do not differ in the way we pronounce the letter. "W" is not used in the Norwegian language, other than for names, like Willy for example, but pronounced "Villy".
So, back to the lawn. I came back in and said I was glad I was done "moving" the lawn. My wife looked at me... puzzled, and asked, where did you move it ? :D I looked at her, equally puzzled, not realizing I had made a fool of myself. Well, it did not take many seconds until I realized I had made a fool of myself. And we have had a lot of fun about that later. The question from her is often, are you done moving the lawn. Yes, I moved it to the bin I tell her. :D

Let me tell you, we have a lot of fun with my English. A lot... :D

Bill

:lol: I parked my lawn mover when I vrecked my knee

My Spanish speaking ex-in-laws didn't like speaking to Cubans because Cubans speak Spanish at like Mach II :lol:.

From what I understand Spanish spoken by latin Americans goes in Mach II, so then they move to the US, and learn English half, and with a heavy accent, but manage to speak it in the same Mach II as Spanish at home, for whatever reason, and I stay there like a clueless dumbo, with that monkey look alike face, like I have just fallen down from the moon and looking for my first banana.
So, I understand very well how that works.

From what I understand Spanish spoken by latin Americans goes in Mach II, so then they move to the US, and learn English half, and with a heavy accent, but manage to speak it in the same Mach II as Spanish at home, for whatever reason, and I stay there like a clueless dumbo, with that monkey look alike face, like I have just fallen down from the moon and looking for my first banana.
So, I understand very well how that works.

And after they have tried to make me understand three times, and with no luck, can you imagine what they do. They start speaking Spanish to me. ROFLOL, it is hillarious.

I could follow a conversation in Spanish but not respond to it in Spanish. The father in law understood that. He had the same issue with English, he understood but didn't speak much. We got along well, we did. I frequently heard him tell his visiting friends "Watch out. The Gringo understands Spanish." :lol:

I could follow a conversation in Spanish but not respond to it in Spanish. The father in law understood that. He had the same issue with English, he understood but didn't speak much. We got along well, we did. I frequently heard him tell his visiting friends "Watch out. The Gringo understands Spanish." :lol:

oh yeah, I can understand that. There is a fun story about two Norwegians who were in London, and went to the "cinema", sitting behind two pretty young women. They didn't say anything bad or vulgar, but said something like, "I wish we had our foot inside the door when it comes to those two", related to the women. And it was one of them who said it to the other in Norwegian. The women turned around and answered in fluent Norwegian, "oh yeah, you would have liked that, wouldn't you?". They were from Norway too. What is the chance of that ?

Bill

We had great Sprint Car racing tonight :lol:. Those crews have got to be tired. 5 race nights in 8 days. They were on their game though, fast qualifying time was only .15 of a second off the track record.

We had great Sprint Car racing tonight :lol:. Those crews have got to be tired. 5 race nights in 8 days. They were on their game though, fast qualifying time was only .15 of a second off the track record.

We were at the fairgrounds here last year, to watch the monster trucks, and some bikes. But I do not like crowds, so I doubt I will go anymore to such a thing. We did not even visit the fair this year.

Bill you would never understand my wife. Has the heavy New York accent with slang from all over mixed in, Hawiian, philopena, Slavic and New Yorkeses and speaks very quickly!

Morning Rain
Up for a bit, back to bed for a few before the sun comes up.

Doing engine swap today, don't like the 80's cam in the 360 here. Swapping out the whole engine for one ready to go with a 340 cam in it.

Here are the fresh valve covers for it.

20190907_100304.jpg

20180205_220055.jpg

20190907_182317.jpg

Are you putting cam bearings in the greasy 318 today ??

Last edited:
Looks like a huge grocery run to the commissary today, might actually have to bring the pick up truck!:eek:

Morning.
Cool,calm and quiet here this morning.
Odd noise coming from the river,big splash.
I suspect its sturgeon breaching the surface.
I have seen it a few times from a distance while fishing.

Very quiet morning here.

Just took a walk around the yard in the dark.

The cars are so peacefully asleep lol.

There is not a peep out there, even the cat is sleeping

It rained last night so it's actually cold.

It doesn't help that I am sleepy, when i get sleepy, I tend to really feel cold

High of 65 today.
Not great but i will take it.
Finish disassembling a deck i built for a gazebo years ago, repurpose the lumber for shelving and stuff.

E7AC78E8-FDEE-4D6D-AB54-8AB6051F2AA7.jpeg
Was on an old trailer frame so i could put it away for winter.

-
Back