Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The original type air cleaner is the oooooooold style.

I'm thinking something can be fabbed to look similar.

I would need a larger hole for the later type Holley anyway.

2BoltAirCleanerTop_320x240.jpg

2BoltAirCleanerBase_320x240.jpg

I was thinking to use a 67 BB a body air cleaner but that's not going to fit under a valiant hood and probably wouldn't clear the master cylinder

67_383a_01.jpg

One good thing about it. With the 4gear none of the kickdown linkage monkey motion to deal with View attachment 1715448346
That it's why I will be miss 4 speed for life, 4 speeds sound so awesome.

I could dream all day about that addicting low RPM whine from the four speed and how it sounds when you get off the clutch and get going.

The sound when you change gears and the second you hear the compression from the engine unloading with the clutch in.

A 4 speed makes driving so fun.

I'm only building a few automatic cars just because I have enough cars to have a little variety that plus I could go broke buying 4 speed parts all day.

Last edited:
This tractor sounds exactly like my old duster used to.

When I hear this then I get back into v8s

I could dream all day about that addicting low RPM whine from the four speed and how it sounds when you get off the clutch and get going.

The sound when you change gears and second you hear the compression from the engine unloading with the clutch in.

I'm only building a few automatic cars just because I have enough cars to have a little variety that plus I could go broke buying 4 speed parts all day.

When I did the 289~~~>351W swap in my Ranchero I put a C4 behind the 351. It was alright. Found the right linkages at the junk yard made it easy. But just not the same hot rod to drive. Didn't take me long to find the flywheel to go back to the 4 speed that lived happily behind that 289 before the switch.

When I did the 289~~~>351W swap in my Ranchero I put a C4 behind the 351. It was alright. Found the right linkages at the junk yard made it easy. But just not the same hot rod to drive. Didn't take me long to find the flywheel to go back to the 4 speed that lived happily behind that 289 before the switch.

Yea, for me 4 speeds make a muscle car a true muscle car even if I need pedal extenders.

A piece of 2x4 duct taped to the pedal really makes all the difference.

20170505_211751.jpg

CIMG0275.JPG

I just built a little connector out of 1" box tubing and some 1" strap with 4 bolts and tied both pedals together with the auto. It was a brand new pedal cluster and I had no intention of mucking it up. :lol:

The sound when you change gears and the second you hear the compression from the engine unloading with the clutch in.

If you need some hubcaps, this guy has some for sale....

[FOR SALE] - Knock off style 13" hubcaps

Wheels back under it. Decided already to put the springs i removed back in. Or one for sure.
28C9AC1A-53E5-4556-A07B-C49CABF9D21E.jpeg

Newly manufactured front hangers?
No. Just cleaned up the old ones.
Leaf spring eyes are down instead of up, instant 2” drop.
Took 3 shortest leaf springs out is another 1”,and with sag probably 1” more. I am going to run out of travel.

-
Back