Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Seachicken vs the pigeons is one snooze fest of a game. Oh well, had to have one that was

I've tried that. You know what I'm gonna do tonight? Cut up some white onions and put them in some socks and wear them. Heard too much about it not to try it.
Add some diced peppers, garlic and tomatoes. At least you might get salsa out of the deal.

After reading a ton of members restoration threads, I don't understand one thing.

Some people say torsion bars are a pain to remove and end up beating them and they have tools to beat them out.

I can say I have never had to beat up a torsion bar, if it doesn't come loose there is still tension on it, so release the tension and it comes right out. I usually loosen everything up and push the torsion bar out of the back of the socket with a pry bar on the lower control arm. Works for me everytime and I would bet I have a fraction of the brute strength that some of these big guys who are having to beat the crap out of the car. :realcrazy:

After reading a ton of members restoration threads, I don't understand one thing.

Some people say torsion bars are a pain to remove and end up beating them and they have tools to beat them out.

I can say I have never had to beat up a torsion bar, if it doesn't come loose there is still tension on it, so release the tension and it comes right out. I usually loosen everything up and push the torsion bar out of the back of the socket with a pry bar on the lower control arm. Works for me everytime and I would bet I have a fraction of the brute strength that some of these big guys who are having to beat the crap out of car. :realcrazy:
I’ve only had 1 set I couldn’t get free. They’d some how twisted in the hex of the LCA pin and nothing was getting them out. I don’t know how that happened. I ended up cutting them with a torch.

You mean the Seadogs vs the Beagles. lol
With the Steelers out, I'm kinda sorta routin for the Eggles. Not looking to good at this point. But ain't no biggie.
Was glad to see the Brady bunch go down. If Philly loses this one, the only thing left is to cheer AGAINST the Crows.
How do I thank someone for disagreeing with me? … @MOPARMITCH LOL

I can say I have never had to beat up a torsion bar, if it doesn't come loose there is still tension on it, so release the tension and it comes right out. I usually loosen everything up and push the torsion bar out of the back of the socket with a pry bar on the lower control arm. Works for me everytime and I would bet I have a fraction of the brute strength that some of these big guys who are having to beat the crap out of the car. :realcrazy:
Ever heard of knuckle dragging Gorillas? More braun than brains or just impatient.

Late, but Jambalaya here... First try...Yum
IMG_20200105_184032.jpg
IMG_20200105_200807.jpg
IMG_20200105_201636.jpg
IMG_20200105_202100.jpg
IMG_20200105_202345.jpg

I grabbed mine with a Chinese vise grip over copper sheet and beat on it sideways. Took a bit, but not bad. I'm sure results vary if no grease left in sockets and rusted. Otherwise agree, there shouldn't be much holing them if backed off completely.

Using a pry bar is just a different kind of force applied to push the bar out. A torsion bar removal clamp and a hammer is just another way to achieve the same result. With the tension off, it doesn’t take much hammering force to push the bar out using a clamp tool.

It all depends on how you choose to do it.

If they're under tension to get them out, you won't get them back in without breaking the lower ball joint loose.

Hey....
That Fargo is coming' along....:thumbsup:
Yup. But its taking its toll. Filled my phone with metal filings.
Expensive springs. But worth it i think. Need to vacuum the speakers on my phone, they filled up from all the grinding.

Yup. But its taking its toll. Filled my phone with metal filings.
Expensive springs. But worth it i think. Need to vacuum the speakers on my phone, they filled up from all the grinding.
I'd say a strong magnet might do better, but not sure what that would do to the phone.

-
Back