Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yep but those who I know going are complaining that they have to wear a mask and use the 6' distance. Yea like that's going to happen. Oh good Morning
You should see Gatlingburg... it’s packed. Me and my family one of the few wearing masks. And carrying a ton of hand sanitizer.

Working 11-5 today. Gonna stop at the paint store on the way in and see if they have a can of SEM for my headrests. Probably have to order it.

Hey was looking at the steering coupler on the 74 dart, do I have to drop the column to do it? Been a long time. FSM does not state it either way.

I should change the oil in mine, all of the other stuff is done. Well maybe a wash and a wax, but I hate waxing.
Anything fancy for oil? I just use Valvoline 10/30 Conventional and some Rislone zinc supplement.

Hey was looking at the steering coupler on the 74 dart, do I have to drop the column to do it? Been a long time. FSM does not state it either way.
Hmm, think so. Pretty sure I slid it together as I put the column back in. Probably have to unbolt from floor and pull it back.

The neighbor needed a cracked windshield put back in a Ram she sold so it can drive to Michigan. Hell nice truck, crew cab normal rot with a gen II hemi, sold it for 500! I would have grabbed it if I knew! Think it was a 2006.

To remove it? I did. It was easier that way. But I have also simply driven out the pin and removed the steering box. I find the column removal is easier if there’s an engine in the car

Crap I have a ton of wiring that has to be taken off the steering wheel to do it, no real slack except for the coil to the wheel itself! That's a full day job now. Crap just the rubber seal melted!

I don't think you have to do all of that. Just loosen the column enough to slide it off to put the rubber in. But with a big block and headers may make it tight

I have room took the booster off, headers are getting a new gasket so at least semi loose. Just going to suck to do it alone.

I am not sure. I hope so will pop the coupler first and see what happens. FSM sucks on that part.

It's Salt Flat Saturday!

saltflatsat.jpg

Good morning :D.
SCTA is sposed to be out playing at El Mirage this weekend.
It's cancelled :BangHead:
Numerous circle tracks nearby are having "No Spectator" events next weekend
and I heard our track is having an open practice today.
Have to make a cruise up that way this afternoon.

Crap I have a ton of wiring that has to be taken off the steering wheel to do it, no real slack except for the coil to the wheel itself! That's a full day job now. Crap just the rubber seal melted!
Mine had just one connector to undo and then pop the shift linkage off. Maybe 15 minutes and it was out. I didn’t even have to pull the dash

-
Back