Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
This neighborhood was built on a solid granite ridge. When it was being prepped, they had to blast the hell out of it. We find bore holes from the blasting in rocks all over the neighborhood.

The big one in the pile has a prominent one on top. Measures to be about a 5”-6” bore.

5D15EB47-D342-4F3B-A553-C2EC65BB4B3D.jpeg

A0F64980-91EC-4408-A7EF-08CF9E6AE59F.jpeg

Bedrock on my property is 6 to 8 feet down. Its only a couple feet down back towards my shop.

got engine sitting in buddy’s truck, trying to wiggle passenger side header in. They are shorty car headers, and dont clear the motor mount.tomorrow we will be trimming that and reworking it. Trans mount will work out fine. The power steering is an easy fit. The 2wd speed sensor is different than the 4wd, but it looks like harness was adapted in factory,there is a double connector in the harness, un plug it and it now fits. Never expected that.

Got all the soffit done today. Fascia tomorrow if its not too windy.

Mmm, dinner was good. Wife decided we were supporting our local best restaurant, The American Saloon. They are actually open for dine in, but she got take out. I did the rack of ribs. Well, half so far. Also had the crab dip in bread bowl appetizer. Drinking a Yeti Imp Stout...:thumbsup:

Fresh walleye for dinner. Got to fill my truck up first.
Last night on way to buddy’s for friday tea, i realized i was out if gas, running on fumes i think.
So i said two choices, he can give me a gallon of gas or bring me a gallon of gas:lol:for the trip home. He gave me a gallon.

The plumber and I figured out how to get the water heater in... We need one with a power vent, so he will order a 50 gal with power vent and replace the 75 gallon with regular vent so we can get the vent properly run and to code...

Then caught up on the dishes...

After that, I cleaned the shelves on the fridge... They were getting a little sticky and I wanted to take advantage of how empty the fridge is to clean the shelves and drawers...

Just ordered some Chinese for dinner....

Then caught up on the dishes...

After that, I cleaned the shelves on the fridge.
The wife hurt her hand a couple weeks ago. Actually got a cortisone shot the other day. She was looking for someone to run the vacuum if you don't mind....lol

The wife hurt her hand a couple weeks ago. Actually got a cortisone shot the other day. She was looking for someone to run the vacuum if you don't mind....lol
Im looking for someone to run the vacuum here. All the girls that come over just want sex.. Not a cleaner in the bunch.

Working 11-5 today. Gonna stop at the paint store on the way in and see if they have a can of SEM for my headrests. Probably have to order it.
As expected, they didn't have my Light Parchment paint for my headrests.
My buddy topped off the AC charge on the Neon tonight after work. Planning to take the Duster there around 11 tomorrow AM

Dinner was fabulous!
Not one bone. I have a fish bone fobia,had one caught in my throat as a kid.

Dinner was fabulous!
Not one bone. I have a fish bone fobia,had one caught in my throat as a kid.
I do love me some walleye. Been ages since I had any. Used to fish the Maumee river in late winter/early spring back when I was living in Ohio and we would catch them by the dozen.

One of the best eating fish there is.

You got me curious so I just went and measured. The entire pile is 73” long, 37” wide and 24” tall.

Here is a quart of motor oil in front to give some perspective...

View attachment 1715545363

Just for general information, solid rock, concrete, asphalt are right about 2 ton/cu yd. Loose aggregates, sand, crushed rock, road base vary all over the place usually between 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 ton/cu yd. Moisture has a big hand in the weight like your butcher when he puts his thumb on the meat scale :lol:.

-
Back