Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Did a distrib for one the guy says he is getting 500HP out of it, sent me pics have to find them, pretty wild!

just saw there is a Facebook group for Polyspherical AKA Poly 318, I'll be checking that out.
I’m on it too. There’s some very good builds there.

the poly Guru Gary Polovich(spelling?) is on there. Dudes been considered the go to poly guy for three decades now

Think that is the guy I did the distrib for.
If so, I believe it. There’s only a handful of guys that’s push 500 plus out of one successfully, and most of those were built by him and they modified it

Morning. Got half the steel roof installed Thursday, rest going on today. Have to work around my helpers.

Pulled the 5.8 dizzy last night and installed the Hoppy dizzy. After further inspection I get to re-separate the trans and motor to re-align the converter to flex plate bolts. Also my 1/2" drive ratchet died. Got to get this B body running before the next one comes home here in a month or 2.

Morning!
Too windy to finish little garage today, fascia is like tissue paper and if the wind grabs it, its junk.

i thought you werent allowed to have polytical discussions here?

Pulled the 5.8 dizzy last night and installed the Hoppy dizzy. After further inspection I get to re-separate the trans and motor to re-align the converter to flex plate bolts. Also my 1/2" drive ratchet died. Got to get this B body running before the next one comes home here in a month or 2.
The convertor should spin freely with block bolted to transmission. or do you need to elongate a hole?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for real world reviews on a poly.

Late to the party. I have a good friend that built a stroker 318 Poly. Came out close to 392 ci. He got some advice from Pavlovitch, a cam from Racer Brown and one of the new aluminum Poly intakes that came out several years ago. Over 450 ft/lbs on the dyno. It's in a heavy car, a 65 Coronet 500 convertible. Runs awesome.

Wind is howling here as well TJ. Sustained 25-35 with 50 mph gusts. I can’t even open the door to the shop. I am trying to get the dual fans and relays wired up today.

3FC04240-CD20-41A6-B70E-9C5BA821AA27.jpeg

Late to the party. I have a good friend that built a stroker 318 Poly. Came out close to 392 ci. He got some advice from Pavlovitch, a cam from Racer Brown and one of the new aluminum Poly intakes that came out several years ago. Over 450 ft/lbs on the dyno. It's in a heavy car, a 65 Coronet 500 convertible. Runs awesome.
Nice! I think in the right car, that would be a screamer. My 4 door 64 Polara 318 poly actually weighs 32 lbs, stock, less than a Stock 318 LA dart.

-
Back