Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Off to the bank in a short to sign some loan papers. We rarely borrow money but we are consolidating our other property loan and the roof purchase. 2.5% I believe. Better than writing a check out of our retirement account.

Off to the bank in a short to sign some loan papers. We rarely borrow money but we are consolidating our other property loan and the roof purchase. 2.5% I believe. Better than writing a check out of our retirement account.
I just looked. My CD is making 2.150% so the money borrowed is pretty much a wash. I should look up my Roth IRA. It should be making around 10%.

I just looked. My CD is making 2.150% so the money borrowed is pretty much a wash. I should look up my Roth IRA. It should be making around 10%.
Banker math is fuzzy math........2.25 mortgage is not the same as CD making 2.25, screwy...unless I am wrong....

Morning everyone, early start in the patch. Mid 90s and 10% humidity, lots of smoke in the air. Need to get done before it gets to hot.

540a7290009f1.image.jpg

Right up the hill behind me about a century ago. Many of the older houses in town were moved down from Orcutt Hill/Union Oil and re-used.

Well so much for that hemi. This one was the one with the crack in the side of the block. Was tempted to repair it if the cylinders were good but nope. Off to scrap heap it goes. Keeping the Eagle heads though

A65083D5-0BDA-42F7-966A-73BF0CBBCF31.jpeg

There was a salvage yard in the homeland/Barstow and those Gen I just laid around in the dirt all over the place. The 60s and up vintage motors were all organized and stuff. The Hemis, where they fell was where they stayed.

There was a salvage yard in the homeland/Barstow and those Gen I just laid around in the dirt all over the place. The 60s and up vintage motors were all organized and stuff. The Hemis, where they fell was where they stayed.
This be a Gen 3

Well so much for that hemi. This one was the one with the crack in the side of the block. Was tempted to repair it if the cylinders were good but nope. Off to scrap heap it goes. Keeping the Eagle heads though

View attachment 1715579790

Just hone it and slap it together... What are you worried about??? :rolleyes: :poke:

Gorilla Glue!
Hemi number two looks Ok. Dirty but usable and little bore wear. Not sure why this one was in the junkyard pile. Pulled the mains and rods, they look and spec just fine.

This one im giving to my buddy for his 48. He’s gonna turn it to a carb and turbo engine. Should be an interesting build for him. Just didn’t wanna give him a junk engine so since I was stripping the other down and had all the tools out, figured why not

DBC55754-8657-4867-BA74-903C40FE558F.jpeg

Well I just had a somewhat heated discussion with wife over tax’s and budget junk as we are on the doorstep of Retirement. At one point she crawls up onto my lap (She is small) and I immediately think of the Friends skit where Phoebe explains to Monica how to manipulate Joey by pressing her body against his. Monica explains that will never work (it did). So I explain to my wife that she simply cannot fix everything with sex as she gets a bit closer and looks me in the eye and asks.....really? Game, set, match. I don’t even remember what we were arguing over.

Well I just had a somewhat heated discussion with wife over tax’s and budget junk as we are on the doorstep of Retirement. At one point she crawls up onto my lap (She is small) and I immediately think of the Friends skit where Phoebe explains to Monica how to manipulate Joey by pressing her body against his. Monica explains that will never work (it did). So I explain to my wife that she simply cannot fix everything with sex as she gets a bit closer and looks me in the eye and asks.....really? Game, set, match. I don’t even remember what we were arguing over.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What is this 'sex' of which you speak?

I just wanna know one thing... will she explain that theory and method to my wife?!? When I bring up the budget, that’s usually the week I spend on the couch

-
Back