Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Today
Patchy smoke. Sunny, with a high near 91. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Interesting weather forecast from the NWS :wtf:
Of course CALFIRE website all jacked up.

IMG_20190509_133745.jpg
IMG_20190509_133834.jpg
but but but the spotted owl...
I have a couple a Hoot Owls living in the woods behind my house. Kinda cool to hear em. I even got pics of a big un, last year. Lemme go see if I can find the pic....

Last edited:
I have a couple a Hoot Owls living in the woods behind my house. Kinda cool to hear em. I even got pics of a big un, last year. Lemme go see if I can find the pic....
yeah.

But years ago, Bureau of Land Management in CA wanted to clear a bunch of underbrush and dead trees to limit the risk for forest fires. CARB and the EPA went ballistic, said it would disturb the mating of the spotted owl, claiming it was endgangered. Raised a ton of money and the plan was scrapped. Thing is, while its numbers weren't super high, it wasn't as endangered as they once thought.

OMG, walking on my place at dusk a few months ago, out of no where a apparition swooped down right in front of my face!!! A BIG *** owl!!! Scary!!!

We hear them way down back sometimes. Have a falcon or hawk that hangs out in the trees at back end of my yard. Probably why I am not seeing as many bunnies this year. Don't know if it is getting them, but they used to just sit out in the open more.

We hear them way down back sometimes. Have a falcon or hawk that hangs out in the trees at back end of my yard. Probably why I am not seeing as many bunnies this year. Don't know if it is getting them, but they used to just sit out in the open more.
Those raptors better hide at night, that is the Owls domain, and everything is on the menu!!!

Bald eagles, hawks and even a peregrine falcon from time to time. Hear an owl occasionally too. But magpies, way more here than ever before.

CALFIRE site still AFU. The smoke that may affect us could be coming from a little far about 45 miles up the beach. Salinas got a bigun goin' on.

LOL crazy morning did a "fast" kilngers run with SIL. He is actually thinning out the old Chevy section. Nothing pre 76 in there now. Ron asked me to look for a few littles, no go. Did get perfect kick panels for Stans car and a bezel I have needed for the window switches on the tikey truck. Fastest I was ever in and out of there.

-
Back