Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
fe9d745beb5f449064ea2f02b6b9671e-jpg.992932

Not quite...

Well, this is a nice vague statement. I hope you are in the field. Below are a couple of explanations being you supplied nothing to talk about.

The MET lab here at work, the group the brought my son in, and a friend who has title of Senior Fellow, has Dr in his title, holds dozen's of patents for aluminum alloys, does much work for DOD and other Government branches, summed it up this way. Yes, there is much to this field.....

(WIKI)
The interdisciplinary field of materials science, also commonly termed materials science and engineering, is the design and discovery of new materials, particularly solids. The intellectual origins of materials science stem from the Enlightenment, when researchers began to use analytical thinking from chemistry, physics, and engineering to understand ancient, phenomenological observations in metallurgy and mineralogy.[1][2] Materials science still incorporates elements of physics, chemistry, and engineering. As such, the field was long considered by academic institutions as a sub-field of these related fields. Beginning in the 1940s, materials science began to be more widely recognized as a specific and distinct field of science and engineering, and major technical universities around the world created dedicated schools for its study.

(University of Sheffield)
What is materials science and engineering?
To make any engineered device, structure or product, you need the right materials. Materials science teaches us what things are made of and why they behave as they do. Materials engineering shows us how to apply knowledge to make better things and to make things better.

(Michigan Technological University)
A bachelor’s degree in materials science and engineering (EMSE) will prepare you to create and innovate products that touch our everyday lives: prostheses, automobiles, mountain bikes, computers, cell phones, and more.

At Michigan Tech, you will not only explore a wide variety of materials—ranging in scale from the nano- to the macro—you will also take an active role in their development and production. Find out what controls the properties, behaviors, and performance of metals, plastics, ceramics, biomaterials, electronic materials, and more.

Materials scientists work at the forefront of technology, applying physics, chemistry, and biology to compose new products—many of which have the potential to greatly improve quality of life. These professionals have contributed to major scientific breakthroughs including

• New materials that allow energy conversion for a cleaner environment
  • Artificial skin for burn victims
  • Nanotechnologies that make computers smaller, faster, and more economical
  • Tough new composites that enable mountain bikers to climb higher and faster
  • Microscopic silicon chips that rewire themselves to conform to users’ needs
  • Medical diagnostic equipment such as ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging

Unless your issue is with the number of branches of Engineering. There are 4 main branches and many sub categories...either way. I appreciate the comments. Thank you

Last edited:
Check out this cool used car sheet. I need to get ahold of the guy because he had Plymouth ones too.

20200824_061820.jpg

I'll have to post up some Super Stocker photos when the guy get's them processed. I think we had 43 of them at the track this weekend. I was so busy I didn't get a chance to take many photos.

well yeah. if only i knew someone with a 413 max wedge block with a late 62 date code....
oh wait, I do! now to come up with 14,500 bucks
If it's a true Maxie it would be worth the $14 large in a heartbeat. I would find the money.

No, I don't think I ever heard the story.
so, same friend i got the polara off of a few years back. About 10 years ago, we were cleaning out the barn at his parents house and stumbled across this 413 block that he and his brother had pulled from a 63 new yorker in a junkyard. just a bare block, covered in grease, sitting rocker valley down about 3/4 to an inch deep in the clay dirt floor of the barn. I think i gave him like 20 bucks for it. I was and may still make a shop table out of it. Anyway, a few years passed of it sitting in my storage shed and about the time I got the dart, I started researching the max wedge cars. Just for giggles, i ran the casting number on my 413 block, came up as the 62-63 413 max wedge blocks, not a big deal, i knew from research it needed several other things to be a true max block. So I get looking, it has the AAQA stamping, so check mark 2. Has the correct stampings on the dizzy pad, check 3. Cleaned off all the mud out of the bores and holes and such, sure enough, it has the notches in the bores. Completing the requirements for it to be confirmed a max wedge block. So yeah, i've got myself a bare 413 max wedge block. Problem is, it'd likely need full 8 sleeves, decked to 0. luckily the main bearings and cam bearings were left in and those saved the block surfaces for those for rust at all. I'd have probably 5k in machining to bring this block back.

so, same friend i got the polara off of a few years back. About 10 years ago, we were cleaning out the barn at his parents house and stumbled across this 413 block that he and his brother had pulled from a 63 new yorker in a junkyard. just a bare block, covered in grease, sitting rocker valley down about 3/4 to an inch deep in the clay dirt floor of the barn. I think i gave him like 20 bucks for it. I was and may still make a shop table out of it. Anyway, a few years passed of it sitting in my storage shed and about the time I got the dart, I started researching the max wedge cars. Just for giggles, i ran the casting number on my 413 block, came up as the 62-63 413 max wedge blocks, not a big deal, i knew from research it needed several other things to be a true max block. So I get looking, it has the AAQA stamping, so check mark 2. Has the correct stampings on the dizzy pad, check 3. Cleaned off all the mud out of the bores and holes and such, sure enough, it has the notches in the bores. Completing the requirements for it to be confirmed a max wedge block. So yeah, i've got myself a bare 413 max wedge block. Problem is, it'd likely need full 8 sleeves, decked to 0. luckily the main bearings and cam bearings were left in and those saved the block surfaces for those for rust at all. I'd have probably 5k in machining to bring this block back.
I tried to hit like and agree both but it doesn't work. That's savable for sure.

I tried to hit like and agree both but it doesn't work. That's savable for sure.
it might be, for the right car. Honestly, the only way i'd bring it back right now is for the right 64 sport fury.

Currently, i found a purpose for it, it is being used as my mock up block in my dart.

-
Back