Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
World War II
  • Navy and Air Force meteorologists began naming tropical systems after girlfriends and wives as an easy method to keep track of multiple storms.
  • Names, originally of women only, were officially used by the US Weather Bureau. The female-only naming structure was likely a byproduct of Air Force and Navy personnel's often familial naming of the previous decade. The practice of publicly naming hurricanes has been credited with increasing hurricane awareness.

NHC: 929mb 155mph just recorded... Cat 5 if it sustains it

Emergency.jpg

water has risen 3 feet so far in Lake Arthur.... wow.

Damazon...
Crapada post lost my package,and Damazon wont fufill my order.
All i get is an apology and a refund.
I want the damn part:BangHead:

My new axles from Cass have arrived. Dude was super helpful. Even helped me correct a mistake I made.

My new axles from Cass have arrived. Dude was super helpful. Even helped me correct a mistake I made.
He is tops! One of those star players. Brewer Performance is another one that comes to mind. I would say Espo as well.

BOOM, 135 knots sustained. That's 155 mph and a Cat 5!!

He is tops! One of those star players. Brewer Performance is another one that comes to mind. I would say Espo as well.
yeah, i'd given Cass the wrong housing measurement on my first axle order, he worked with me to get that corrected and it was painless.

Out to shop to get my electrical tools,have to install a plug in the bathroom. Yes,gfci plug ($29.00).
Its going to be on a timer, for wife’s curling iron. 30 minutes is plenty of time. Too many wars over leaving it on all day,and following through on my promise to cut cord off didnt change anything.
I guess burning down the house doesent concern her or my daughter.

Out to shop to get my electrical tools,have to install a plug in the bathroom. Yes,gfci plug ($29.00).
Its going to be on a timer, for wife’s curling iron. 30 minutes is plenty of time. Too many wars over leaving it on all day,and following through on my promise to cut cord off didnt change anything.
I guess burning down the house doesent concern her or my daughter.
I put the bathroom heater on a timer years ago. Best thing I ever did. I would like to put the exhaust fan on a humidistat so it automatically comes on during a shower and shuts off after it drys out in there.

I put the bathroom heater on a timer years ago. Best thing I ever did. I would like to put the exhaust fan on a humidistat so it automatically comes on during a shower and shuts off after it drys out in there.
i did the same thing on my wife's closet light. She kept leaving it on, all day long. So i put it on a timer and put an LED bulb in it and it dropped my monthly bill by 41 bucks and change.

i did the same thing on my wife's closet light. She kept leaving it on, all day long. So i put it on a timer and put an LED bulb in it and it dropped my monthly bill by 41 bucks and change.
Great idea. I have replaced a lot of bulbs with LED's. Our Weil McClain boiler took $100 a month right off the top in the winter.

Great idea. I have replaced a lot of bulbs with LED's. Our Weil McClain boiler took $100 a month right off the top in the winter.
my local REMC lets you order them, as many as you want. They cost just under a 1.00 each for 60 watt equivalents, which draw 7 watts or 1.20 for 100 watt equivalents that draw 13 watts.

I remember doing those!! Like a desk will stop a nuclear bomb, or fall out!!!
I think i was the last generation to do those drills. We did them up until 1995 at my elementary school.

-
Back