Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
so riddle me this. Semi, N14 cummins. brand new starter, brand new Alternator, new relays, voltage regulator, batteries, new cables, new wiring harness throughout the entire chassis. Truck starts and runs fine. But if it stalls or you shut it off while hot, it will not refire. Acts like it has dead batteries and we have to jump it. After it sits and cools down to ambient, it fires right up no problem. Alternator charging. Batteries are holding a charge.
Starter not cranking after heat soak. I i would do a load test at starter, and check current draw while cranking.

Chris, recheck battery connections too. A boost and it goes may indicate a poor connection or a faulty battery.

It's Wagon Wednesday!

wagonwednesdayXI.jpg

Good morning :D

Chris, recheck battery connections too. A boost and it goes may indicate a poor connection or a faulty battery.
Double check your battery ground as well. They are usually just bolted to the frame.

thanks, took them loose and ran a post cleaner on them, tightened back down, all good, nothing changed

Double check your battery ground as well. They are usually just bolted to the frame.
yep, first thing i checked actually. Learned that on the polara.

It;s been Summer around here lately, managed 99° yesterday, didn't feel that hot to me. I look at NWS this morning "Those guys need to re-calibrate their junk. No way it's 75° out there before sunup." I'm thinkin' it gonna be a hot mofoco today, it is close to 75 out there on the porch :eek:. 100° during the day and 75° at night :eek: That's Barstow weather! :wtf:

Well, I better get at the continuing shed project.... Need to remove some corner trim and pull some nails. I do need to fix one hinge that lost most of it's screws. No clue how that happened cause they are pretty long, going into frame. Plan is to do some painting today, but it feels damp. Might just be cool. I have a moisture meter I use for firewood, if the batteries are still good. Otherwise I might not get it painted till Sunday. Tomorrow would be the best day, but have to go in early for First Aid/CPR refresher course.

Well, painted the shop floor with epoxy. Came out like ****.....the little colored sprinkle package ripped and spilled a mess on the floor, no way to remove them, so they are clumped some....AND the batch was a different shade.....O well, it is just a floor in a garage after all.....

Well, painted the shop floor with epoxy. Came out like ****.....the little colored sprinkle package ripped and spilled a mess on the floor, no way to remove them, so they are clumped some....AND the batch was a different shade.....O well, it is just a floor in a garage after all.....
Only way would be scraped the pile up before it cured in. But if you used all your paint, you would then have a bigger problem. :BangHead:

Only way would be scraped the pile up before it cured in. But if you used all your paint, you would then have a bigger problem. :BangHead:
No way to get where the mess was, without walking on the fresh epoxy.........I will try to get some off now that it has cured.......

And every plug was loose. Previous install didnt crush gaskets.

No way to get where the mess was, without walking on the fresh epoxy.........I will try to get some off now that it has cured.......
Whatever isn't sunk in will break of when it’s fully cured. Probably won’t look as bad as you think

I epoxied mine 21 years ago, before they had the Bright Pony Sprinkles. So I didn't have to deal with all that. Mine has held up very well, except for in the work bay, where too many tools and parts have dropped and chipped the coating. Still like new on the upper level of the Garage..

Yeahh same as my headliner.... But after I put the side garnishes in it will look better. Ya all must wait for pics....

-
Back