Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My son dropped in the other day,
Got a nice buck, 5x5.
Bow hunting. Had it hanging for a couple days and never said a word. Has a trail cam in the bush behind his house,crown land.

Good Morning Everyone. 43 and very windy here today. 4th Monday of the week. Lets get the coffee flowing and the day over with.

Son’s job interview is this morning, i hope he gets it,and hes prepared to take the leap.
Lead mechanic for the municipality,union job and benefits.
But 1/2 the money hes making now.

Good benefits and being home is often worth much more than the check. Best of luck for him.

Even your street. I know who to avoid in there and there is a lot of help IF I need it. You could have some nut case show up at your house to take your grandpa's meds or steal you gas
And they’d be met with a hail of gunfire haha. Farms pretty secure now. We did have an incident about 8 months ago that resulted in cameras, motion detectors and monitored alarm systems being installed.

Well....after a week off I have to head back to jail today

Go to Jail.jpg

A blistering 21 degrees F up here on the tundra this morning. But at least the wind finally died down a bit. Looks like BD is in for one epic road trip. We might even actually turn the heat on in the house this week. I put it off till she just won’t be quiet about it! At twenty degrees outside I reckon it’s time. Once you turn on the heat it is like you are admitting summer is over and winter has arrived. The winters are long up here, but man those three weeks of summer are glorious.

A blistering 21 degrees F up here on the tundra this morning. But at least the wind finally died down a bit. Looks like BD is in for one epic road trip. We might even actually turn the heat on in the house this week. I put it off till she just won’t be quiet about it! At twenty degrees outside I reckon it’s time. Once you turn on the heat it is like you are admitting summer is over and winter has arrived. The winters are long up here, but man those three weeks of summer are glorious.
Refresh my memory, how far north are ya?

I lit pellet stove in shop the other day. It was toasty in there.
With what is going on here in manitoba, i may have a quiet winter. So keeping a fire lit may be all there is to do, besides working on my stuff.

Here's my plan so far... Drive to Kansas tomorrow (meet up with Craig @ZMan67S if he's around).
Drive to MN on Fri and meet up with Ramie @straightlinespeed Friday night. Head to Avon Saturday morning and see if I can spend the day with Pete @FISHYPETE and Keith @66340SEDAN and then over to Fargo Saturday night to see John @Sublime one (and pet Hemi). Sunday, drive to Iowa and try to find Mike @toolmanmike for a beverage. Then haul *** back home on Monday to be at work on Tuesday.. At least it's a plan!
Ben heading home from my road trip. Sorry looks like I'll miss you.
Might be flying to Hawaii this weekend. SNL stationed in Japan broke his collarbone, and separated his shoulder. (touch football)
They might have to fly him to Hawaii for surgery and he could be there for several days.
Currently service members family members can leave Japan, but with the virus they won't let you back in.
Not sure how, but I've been volunteered to go if needed.
Hawaii for a week....ok I guess I could do it if I have to.

Last edited:
Well its our last winter in Fargo...wait I've heard that before...:poke:

Refresh my memory, how far north are ya?
In actual fact Winnipeg is our nearest big city. Going up and hanging out with TJ (Frank) and his wife was a hoot. Typically our weather patterns are very similar just a day apart. Depending on currency rates shopping in Winnipeg is a win. The river (Red) That runs thru our town actually flows North and terminates by TJ. We share floods cold and the ever present wind. Like open truck door with two hands type wind perpetually. ( no trees)

Heres a good one guy had erratic timing by 5 degrees. He put a petronix unit in a distrib I did a year ago, checked out perfect on the machine. Glad he sent the rotor with it.
Loose tip
DSC09785.JPG
DSC09786.JPG

In actual fact Winnipeg is our nearest big city. Going up and hanging out with TJ (Frank) and his wife was a hoot. Typically our weather patterns are very similar just a day apart. Depending on currency rates shopping in Winnipeg is a win. The river (Red) That runs thru our town actually flows North and terminates by TJ. We share floods cold and the ever present wind. Like open truck door with two hands type wind perpetually. ( no trees)
Any issues crossing the border? You need a passport correct?

Wind so bad it bent a door frame. Buddy at body shop fixed it with a 2x4. Stuck it in hinge and him leaning on it tuned it right up. No winning against a 270 lb guy.

-
Back