Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looks like our weather is settling into June Gloom mode here. Foggy mornings breezy afternoons. Watch for Gale, she will be in the Santa Barbara Channel today.

Damn, BFG Radial T/A's are hard to come by. I checked around for 255-60/15's. Nobody stocks them here and warehouses are out as well. I was thinking on getting a new pair but no guarantee that the bleeding white letter problem has been fixed.

It's natural color OUT for me these days. Don't want to offend the other tires :rolleyes:

Haha

3656FC88-1D19-452F-985A-623E46DCEF67.jpeg

:rofl: That's what I needed in my office at the rock farm. I would have been the subject of the International level company Sexual Harassment seminar rather than just the regional seminar :rofl:
So when my wife and I were childless, we took a trip out to San Diego and we went walking to the pier, she found a cup like this that said Pacific beach, and gave it to me, saying “here, I gave you boobs on the beach” . So every vacation since, we try and find one of these type Knick knacks. We’ve been successful everywhere except Myrtle Beach. For some reason, that’s the lone place that doesn’t have any adult rated knick knacks

Haha how my wife looks right now trying the new Black Rifle Coffee she bought yesterday

Just got a job offer. An RV tech. 70.00 an hour. Sure is tempting..... 401K, full benefits....Called me out of the blue.......I did that in a former life....
word gets around.
My dad was a truck driver for 27 years and then was a yard manager for 4 years.
a couple months ago, a guy who was starting a trucking company called him and said he needed someone with his experience to help manage his truckers and the shipments.
He retired 12 years ago and his number is still being passed around because he has a reputation for getting **** done correctly and the first time.
badass.

Yep they are. Wendy’s here has a sign, starting FT, 18.90 per hour, plus benefits AND a 100 dollar weekly bonus for 1 year.

subways around here are closed completely. They won’t even try to hire anyone right now to staff them. Same with Starbucks
Yeah, all the businesses are REALLY desperate. I'm going on a family vacation for a month out to south carolina and kentucky see relatives. both me and my boss have been looking for a temporary replacement for MONTHS. just yesterday he found someone that could do it MAYBE. granted, it maybe not be the ideal hours and pay but still, before the unemployment checks for $300 a month that everyone is getting, I had to compete for this job with 2 other people before my boss decided to pick me.
crazy.

Also, our family mechanic that we have been going to for years said I will have a job the second I turn 17 just come on over and he will put me to work.
just because there are no mechanics to be found ANYWHERE (at least in cali.)

Also, our family mechanic that we have been going to for years said I will have a job the second I turn 17 just come on over and he will put me to work.
That’s because its California and they ban and tax everything to death

Also, I used to make 40 dollars more every two weeks last year when I started. Now since bidet is in office (not the whole reason but definetly part of it), I get 40 dollars less. I thought it was my boss taking some out since I get paid hourly and sometimes I get done with my job early, but no. It is a new tax that got passed and I get taxed 40 dollars extra. Its like we are getting punished for working honestly.

Also, I used to make 40 dollars more every two weeks last year when I started. Now since bidet is in office (not the whole reason but definetly part of it), I get 40 dollars less. I thought it was my boss taking some out since I get paid hourly and sometimes I get done with my job early, but no. It is a new tax that got passed and I get taxed 40 dollars extra. Its like we are getting punished for working honestly.
:popcorn:

Not that speak English....

A little advice? If you are working as a mechanic, KEEP your work area clean.....Pick up every night when knocking off for the day. Put your tools away. The difference between a hack and a mechanic...get an oil spill, clean it up right away.....Will say loads as to your work ethics....:thumbsup:

A little advice? If you are working as a mechanic, KEEP your work area clean.....Pick up every night when knocking off for the day. Put your tools away. The difference between a hack and a mechanic...get an oil spill, clean it up right away.....Will say loads as to your work ethics....:thumbsup:
Bah! Thats hogwash! No, actually tim is right. And its almost pleasureable to work in a clean area. My problem is, im either too busy or too tired to clean up after a job. I spent a solid hour the other day cleaning a bench and putting away tools. Then swept the floor. 24x32 garage can amount to a lot if it gets away. Which, lately it has. But now with arthritis meds, things have improved in the energy end of things. I can get more done in a day, without wanting to die at the end of it.

You better write a letter to the editor to the WSJ. This was one of Monday's editorials.
upload_2021-5-26_15-35-43.png

I'm not saying I agree with it, just pointing out they found a source that shows NJ has the highest cumulative lifetime taxes.

PS. I bet we can find states that ban things that Calf doesn't. ;)

You better write a letter to the editor to the WSJ. This was one of Monday's editorials.
View attachment 1715743081

I'm not saying I agree with it, just pointing out they found a source that shows NJ has the highest cumulative lifetime taxes.

PS. I bet we can find states that ban things that Calf doesn't. ;)
Lol I didn’t say they were the worst or only. It’s why I stay in the heartland. Generally speaking, our state governments stay out of our lives and pockets better than MOST east or west coast states.

-
Back