Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well the fuel line job went south. Fuel pump steel lines corroded badly, and when i moved the nylon lines, it leaked. 1,000 fuel line kit and $550 for fuel pump. Three fittings on pump all swelled from rust. Cant destroy fittings. So i got handed a royal *** kicking today. Its finally done.

Also get a call from one of the in laws. They are at the supermarket and they had 40 LBS of quartered chicken for $10!!!!!! No crap I bought one. I got 36 quarters in the box! Holy crap just fit in the freezer. Guess we will be eating a bunch of chicken!!

It tastes like chicken.... :D

Good customer, long time customer.
$2000 is way short of what i would usually charge. I know he doesent have a lot of money too.

That was the same situation at my mom's house, except it was Channel not HD at that time.
I used some sort of cement type wall seal product. Dry-lock might have been the name?
They have dry loc
The drylock I have used is for inside the walls. Thats the only one I saw at HD
Henry's Wet or Dry patching material should serve that function. Shouldn't it?
I saw a bunch of Henry stuff for roofing. Not sure if that is good under ground. So many of these product have become water based, I’m leery of using them for something like this. Will run down to Ace in the morning. If I don't find anything made for it, I will get neoprene caulk and smear it on...

upload_2021-6-1_18-34-1.jpeg

@toolmanmike

The drylock I have used is for inside the walls.
Yep Didn't see anything to indicate that it wouldnt work just as well outside. And of course that was more important (and I didn't have time to really hunt for stuff).
Lemme see what I might find in the books.

1996 BOCA
If there is no hydrostatic pressure expected
1813.3 Damp proofing required
1813.3.2 Walls: ....All holes and recess from removal of form ties to be filled with bituminous material or other approved methods or materials. Unit masonry walls shall be parged on the exterior surface below ground level with not less than 3/8 inch of portland cement.
1813.3.2.2. Wall Damproofing materials: Dampproofing shall consist of bituminous material, 3 pounds per square yard of acrylic modified cement, 1/8 inch of surface bonding mortar complying with ASTM C887 listed in Chapter 35, any of te materials for waterproofing listed in section 1813. 4.2.2, or other approved materials...

Where there is expected possible hydrostatic pressure
1813.4 Waterproofing required
1813.4.22 Wall waterproofing materials: .....two ply hot mopped felts, not less than 6 mil (.006 ") PVC, 40 mil (.040") polymer modified asphalt, 6 mil polyethylene or other approved methods of bridging non-structural gaps.

My takaway from all that codespeak is either some sort of 3/8" thick cement parging or an asphalt type coating will work as long as the ground water level doesn't get too high or put too much pressure on that wall.

From some of the other books, if back filling with gravel, at the bottom have the soil or the membrane if using one direct the water way from the wall.

1996 BOCA
If there is no hydrostatic pressure expected
1813.3 Damp proofing required
1813.3.2 Walls: ....All holes and recess from removal of form ties to be filled with bituminous material or other approved methods or materials. Unit masonry walls shall be parged on the exterior surface below ground level with not less than 3/8 inch of portland cement.
1813.3.2.2. Wall Damproofing materials: Dampproofing shall consist of bituminous material, 3 pounds per square yard of acrylic modified cement, 1/8 inch of surface bonding mortar complying with ASTM C887 listed in Chapter 35, any of te materials for waterproofing listed in section 1813. 4.2.2, or other approved materials...

Where there is expected possible hydrostatic pressure
1813.4 Waterproofing required
1813.4.22 Wall waterproofing materials: .....two ply hot mopped felts, not less than 6 mil (.006 ") PVC, 40 mil (.040") polymer modified asphalt, 6 mil polyethylene or other approved methods of bridging non-structural gaps.

My takaway from all that codespeak is either some sort of 3/8" thick cement parging or an asphalt type coating will work as long as the ground water level doesn't get too high or put too much pressure on that wall.

From some of the other books, if back filling with gravel, at the bottom have the soil or the membrane if using one direct the water way from the wall.
Well... just looking to do a patch. The walls were coated black. So I will find something similar.
I did look up Drylok and it can be used outside and under grade. -even says for fish ponds, so I guess it holds water OK, lol

Well... just looking to do a patch. The walls were coated black. So I will find something similar.
I did look up Drylok and it can be used outside and under grade. -even says for fish ponds, so I guess it holds water OK, lol
I have used it to good success....

I helped with sealing a wood foundation many years ago, mop and a tar bucket. Rolled real heavy poly onto the tar.
Just kick over the first bucket of tar,and lay in it..get it over with.

Well have the pond and Gazebo lights working correctly off one remote.
I disconnected the lights from the solar panels, and let them charge all day in on position.
Shut the panels off manual switch, reconnected lights. Turned panels on. No problem, lights stayed off. Hit remote. Both go off and on together fine now.
On to the rest of the lights for the pond and waterfall tomorrow.

20210601_204603.jpg

20210601_204438.jpg

Well have the pond and Gazebo lights working correctly off one remote.
I disconnected the lights from the solar panels, and let them charge all day in on position.
Shut the panels off manual switch, reconnected lights. Turned panels on. No problem, lights stayed off. Hit remote. Both go off and on together fine now.
On to the rest of the lights for the pond and waterfall tomorrow.

View attachment 1715745843

View attachment 1715745844
Is that a jack-o-lantern in bottom pick? :rolleyes:

Filmed 2 weeks ago on Phu Quoc Island. LaVeranda Resort. Beautiful place to go to.

Morning darkness dwellers...up way to early this morning...chit happens!!

2770047_c61f9bae2283033fdbe9fb5c32171eee.jpg

-
Back