Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I would love to come out to Carlisle next year. Is there a recommendation for hotel/town to try and book?

I would love to come out to Carlisle next year. Is there a recommendation for hotel/town to try and book?
The motel 8 near the fairgrounds is normally a flashback to the 70s with everyone staying there. It’s not bad, clean. Big *** gravel lot where people tend to tailgate.

they were the ones that cancelled my first reservations though and appear to be full.
So I’m staying at La Quinta inns near the fairgrounds.

I am going to Coronado Island to day to get a package for Wolfie. Pulleys, I guess....

I am going to Coronado Island to day to get a package for Wolfie. Pulleys, I guess....
37357197.jpg

Morning Frank. Boy we had some major storms last night
Has been overcast and looked like it could rain all day yesterday. Looked like a sure thing for last evening and overnight, but as far as I can tell it never happened. Looks same today with same forecast for later. Don't want a washout, but hope we get some of it. I've only had to water the garden a few times since I planted last month.

I just saw this on Carlisle website. I wish I could get the car out there....

Celebration of “Mr. Norm” Kraus
Display of Vehicles Remembering Norman Kraus
Sadly, we lost Norm Kraus, AKA Mr. Norm, earlier this year. Norm was such a huge part of the hobby and of the Chrysler Nationals, that we immediately set out to honor him at this year’s show. Details are still developing but we are going to do a big display on and around the stage to honor Norm. On the stage will be the debut of the last car that Norm ever designed along with some others that honor his legacy. Around the stage will be a Showfield class just for Mr. Norm’s vehicles. If you have a legit vehicle from Mr. Norm’s (Grand Spaulding Dodge), old or new, this is the class for you.

In addition to the static display, there will be a parade of Mr. Norm’s vehicles around the Showfield (time TBD). If you feel that you have a truly special Mr. Norm’s vehicle, you are encouraged to apply for a special featured vehicle display as part of the celebration. Norm did a lot for the hobby and for Carlisle so please join us in remembering Norman Kraus and honoring his legacy.

Morning, going to be a hot one around here this week. Second cup down, three might be a good thing.

First to-do complete and good! With all the controls set for AC I ran the Duster till up to temp. Heater hose barely warm. Pulled vac line off the valve and it was hot in a few seconds. :thumbsup: So, next is to get the radio back in, but I think I will do a bit of garage cleanup and maybe get at the chipper fuel tank replacement first.

Need to do some mowing here too. And get my chipper running. Its been in a shed for 5 or 6 years so im sure carb will be gunked up.

Started fitting rad into support, should work ok. Fan may even clear.

-
Back