Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
never fails I get say good morning, then its off to work. Have a great day !

you know, I think people are taking the idea of "drive the wheels of it" a bit too literal.

I had my strut job come in yesterday and I drove it before I got started. On the road and something was "THUNK THUNK THUNK".... I mean bad. So I started thinking her problem was more than a strut.

Got the old ones off and OMG ....one side the shaft was flopping around crooked in the cylinder with absolutely no oil in the cylinder and just absolutely junk....the other side was still in one piece but couldn't hold anything.

After I got the new monroes on ....purrs like a kitten down the road and feels like a newer car.

Attachments

• CIMG4566.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 72
  • CIMG4567.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 83
  • CIMG4568.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 77
Good job Rani. How did that rental spring compressor work?

pretty good ....just had to move slow and remain calm .....when I was tightening one down it kinda walked itself a bit so it wasn't completely 180 degress apart which makes a difference so I had to loosen it and get another bite.

of course the second one you do always goes faster.

Looks like you put new upper strut mounts on them also.

oh yea, the center fell out of one of the originals ....looks like the thrust washer hung up several thousand miles ago and wore through the top mount.

The other side was still one piece but looked very worn and dry rotted rubber.

I actually put them in as part of the job so I already had them before the car came with the assumption they were probably bad.

I'm off like a herd of turtles! Talk to you all later. tmm

Good morning! Nice and sunny this morning after crazy weather last night. Nothing like the smell after lots of rain and lightning. Kids home school has no power so will be busy day.

If you shoot a mime, do you have to use a silencer???

Came in to warm up. Filled all of my orders. I need to clean that field up good. A lot of plant debris in it.

Speaking of mimes any one ever see SHAKES THE CLOWN? Probably robin Williams first role as a mime. If you do not like drunken anything goes humor beware!

Morning all, late start today. Mr Migrain came calling last night. Good job Rani, amazing how people let the struts go. Hos do you rake or till in your plant material. We have so much sand we till everything in, needs all the help it can get.

I have a 48" wide tiller that goes on the tractor. My fertilizer is manly horse and sheep manure, pidgin crap all from my neighbors and the tablescraps all goes into the compost pile. We have a lot of clay here.

Good morning early birds :glasses7: Looks like another Friday is here again :coffee2:
Weather here in northeast Arkansas is wet, cold and 33 degree's this morning #-o
Ray Sr. We have a bunch of clay here so five years ago I had a load of sand from the creek hauled in and my wife and I spred it in our garden area, topped of with Bone, Hydrogen and compose and have been turning it it with a tiller ( front tin 8 hp ) and I believe after 5 years it is finely giving us good veggies for the table :color:

Was warm yesterday (70deg) a few rain showers. Today we are getting your wind and colder temps until Sunday. Should be nice and in the 60's here next week. Need to get the GTS outside to paint the engine bay.

Good morning. TGIF! Been a busy week, looking forward to sleeping in a bit tomorrow..

Was warm yesterday (70deg) a few rain showers. Today we are getting your wind and colder temps until Sunday. Should be nice and in the 60's here next week. Need to get the GTS outside to paint the engine bay.

About the same forecast or here, and do the same to my 66 sedan (paint engine bay) so I can set the new power plant in :glasses7: Can
t wait to hear my 360 again :color:

-
Back