Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I guess I better get moving on this. I have so much to do today I may just go back to bed.

If memory serves black is the power feed so the breaker off should open the circuit, white is the return and it ties into the ground at the box I believe. Ohm the black wire to the others and see if it is Shorted, If it goes to other things on outlets un plug them to get a good read on it.

Yes, Black is supply (110 Volts) and white is neutral (Ground) and if there is a green it is a ground looped threw out the house and tied together on a bus bare in the breaker box, I bet he can shut that breaker off and locate all the receptacles on the circuit and do an inspection on all of them, but I bet the coffee pot area one has been working harder then all of them on that circuit :glasses7:

I guess I better get moving on this. I have so much to do today I may just go back to bed.
Don't do that, this is an easy job inside and when you think the power is off plug a hair dryer or something up to it and double check, stay safe and enjoy coffee while you do it :cheers:

Its the one on the counter where I plug everything into. Waffle maker...juicer...coffee pot always plugged in.

Don't do that, this is an easy job inside and when you think the power is off plug a hair dryer or something up to it and double check, stay safe and enjoy coffee while you do it :cheers:

How will he make coffee then?

That would be where I would start, Put a new (screw Lug) not the kind that you just strip the wire and push it in the hole type, a heavy duty 12, 15 amp Ground fault breaker there, it should be anyway in todays new codes being close to the sink.

What does the heater pull? I would think a lot. He got lucky the breaker triggered is my guess.

I bet that the bathroom is hooked to the same breaker , so he would have to move his coffee pot to the living room I guess :D

For some reason I doubt he has a blow drier also. Plug in a 110 welder to test it! Hit the kitchen faucet with it to check the ground! LOL

The GFI is just before it. It has tripped a few times in the years but we are always having power surges and loss of power. But it could have been a problem before. The furnace is a trailer unit, not sure what it draws. And no the living room and bathroom is on their own circuit. Actually the living room has 2 circuits. I did put several circuits in everywhere.

I am back ...had to go have some fun right before the sun came up.

nothing like some fire to make the day after Friday more fun

Attachments

• DSC00123.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 73
Know what really sucks I have an analyzer you plug into the outlet and it will detect shorts after you replace the outlet.

The GFI is just before it. It has tripped a few times in the years but we are always having power surges and loss of power. But it could have been a problem before. The furnace is a trailer unit, not sure what it draws. And no the living room and bathroom is on their own circuit. Actually the living room has 2 circuits. I did put several circuits in everywhere.

:color: thats good, I have worked on a few 1.000 foot homes and the bathroom and kitchen
are on one ground fault breaker.. Stay safe and I bet it was a wire that just got loose and caused heat and threw a breaker.. resistants works the same as on our cars, bad connection will work till it gets hot and weakens the connection and melts something

Good morning. Nice to see you guys, this thread is a great way to start the day.

My project today, prep for the deviled egg competition. A coworker has organized a benefit for two families at work who are fighting cancer. As we know, it can be a very hard fight. Another waiter has a chicken (egg) farm, tomorrow there will be an Easter egg hunt, live music, a bake sale, arts and crafts, a bar, etc.

The farm-fresh eggs I picked up yesterday will not peel right! Even doing it under running cold water. I might try to use the yolks from the farm eggs and the whites from the store bought eggs.

Anyways I'll take pics, the farm is beautiful, and we had a cool snap so the no-see'ums might not be too bad. We've had a lot of rain lately, I think it could be muddy...

-
Back