Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So we may have another historic Twister. A giant monster hit south of the ohio River, basically followed it parallel for a while before tearing across the middle of the state. 150-200 miles on the ground. Right now, it’s confirmed in 3 states, possibly briefly entering a 4th. Kentucky got the worse of that one so far. Corvette plant may have taken a direct hit down in Bowling Green

Scratch 1 Amazon distribution center in Edwardsville Ill. no casualty reports yet.

Morning OMR.
I'd been sick for about a week fighting a chest cold coughing and hacking.
I thought I was doing better. Yesterday I apparently developed a fever with uncontrollable chills.
Fever jumped from 98 to 103.7 in an hour and a half. Off to Express Care I went.
They looked me over just a bad case of bronchitis and gave me a script.
Came home and spent the evening laying in bed. I finally had enough and got up.
I hate being sick. It doesn't happen often.
Funny thing one year ago to the day I was in the hospital with my short covid stay.
Need to do something different next year.
Sorry to hear this. Time to learn your not that young man anymore, but I guess like most of us you know that already , but your conditioned to fight it just like everything else.
Just easy back a little of the gas. Not much just a bit. Eat right, take your vitamins, keep yourself in shape , know your limits.

Amazon
“There were about 110 people in it at the time that the tornado hit it,” Beshear said. “We believe we’ll lose at least dozens of those individuals. It’s very hard, really tough, and we’re praying for each and every one of those families.”

At least 100 emergency vehicles descended upon the Amazon warehouse near Edwardsville, Illinois, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) east of St. Louis, where a wall that was about the length of a football field collapsed, as did the roof above it.
It wasn’t immediately clear how many people were hurt, but one person was flown by helicopter to a hospital.

Tennessee and Arkansas have confirmed fatalities.
It’ll get worse. On the NWS storm spotter webpage, they have to confirm this yet. But one twister may have just broken the record for length on the ground, number of states hit, and time on the ground.

in 1925, a Twister was on the ground for 219 miles, across 3 states and grew to an F5 over a mile and half wide at times.

The initial, UNCONFIRMED NWS Reports are the one that hit through western and central Kentucky , started in Jonesboro Arkansas and ripped thru Arkansas, A part of Missouri, Tennessee and into Kentucky. Estimates of miles on the ground, 250+. Radar indicated winds speeds reached 300 miles an hour at times. No idea on width or anything but if that initial holds, this was a historic twister as well as deadly.

and it sounds more and more like the Corvette plant and museum took a direct hit

Morning OMR.
I'd been sick for about a week fighting a chest cold coughing and hacking.
I thought I was doing better. Yesterday I apparently developed a fever with uncontrollable chills.
Fever jumped from 98 to 103.7 in an hour and a half. Off to Express Care I went.
They looked me over just a bad case of bronchitis and gave me a script.
Came home and spent the evening laying in bed. I finally had enough and got up.
I hate being sick. It doesn't happen often.
Funny thing one year ago to the day I was in the hospital with my short covid stay.
Need to do something different next year.

Get well soon...

Put two spoon fulls of minced garlic in some chicken noodle soup when you cook it... You'll feel it kick in by the time you finish the bowl.... Repeat as necessary...

Last edited:
Get well soon...

Put two spoon fulls of minced garlic in some chicken noodle soup... You'll feel it kick in by the time you finish the bowl.... Repeat as necessary...

I'm having Snapper soup for lunch today. Add about a half bottle of cooking Sherry to it and I will feel fine.

Thats the winner there!
cramer laugh.gif

Surprised you can find that there. Common around here with all the snapping turtles around.
It's the big city LOL:rolleyes:
Not canned stuff . Fresh made from German food store.
Only thing they don't put in is hard boiled egg, so I just cut one up and add it.

He's in Jonesboro... North east AR....

It’ll get worse. On the NWS storm spotter webpage, they have to confirm this yet. But one twister may have just broken the record for length on the ground, number of states hit, and time on the ground.

in 1925, a Twister was on the ground for 219 miles, across 3 states and grew to an F5 over a mile and half wide at times.

The initial, UNCONFIRMED NWS Reports are the one that hit through western and central Kentucky , started in Jonesboro Arkansas and ripped thru Arkansas, A part of Missouri, Tennessee and into Kentucky. Estimates of miles on the ground, 250+. Radar indicated winds speeds reached 300 miles an hour at times. No idea on width or anything but if that initial holds, this was a historic twister as well as deadly.

and it sounds more and more like the Corvette plant and museum took a direct hit

@memike ?

genuflectII.jpg

It's the big city LOL:rolleyes:
Not canned stuff . Fresh made from German food store.
Only thing they don't put in is hard boiled egg, so I just cut one up and add it.

When I see German potato salad at a deli, I ask what part of Germany the potatoes are from... You can't have German potato salad without German potatoes, otherwise it's just potato salad....

-
Back