Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, I picked up a bottle of Old Forester 1920 for a get together on Sat. Oh, that is very nice, a bit smokey, 115 proof. Yummy

That was a bonus in Colorado. Get a bunch of snow but then the sun comes out and if it doesn't outright melt it off being outside isn't that bad even when it's cold. Here in the east... gray nasty and the first snow to fall is often the last one to melt. Can be depressing. I really enjoy outdoor winter sports but there's nothing you can do with 2 inches of patchy crap ice stuff like this
Add on that it looks like black dirt after a day of people driving.

I’m curious to see if it holds up . They said it will “cure” the day before the cars hit the track...

Real world, put traffic on it same day, no biggie. The article said it was a special variety of asphalt. I'd really like to see the mix design to see what sort of goodies they put in it. Just going from an estimated size, I calculate asphalt is 4" thick. Very minimal banking, right side tires will take a huge beating as will the asphalt. Getting up in those little black marbles will be a wild ride :steering:.

Uncorked? :thumbsup:
I have a question...
Does it sound cammed to you guys?
at idle it has low vacuum, and it is pretty poppy and lopey at idle too.
I have never touched it, but when I did a compression check it had 120psi on all cylinders and it had fel-pro gaskets already on it when I changed the intake. It did come out of a 70 satellite roadrunner clone. to me, all those things don't add up for a '73 318.

I have a question...
Does it sound cammed to you guys?
at idle it has low vacuum, and it is pretty poppy and lopey at idle too.
I have never touched it, but when I did a compression check it had 120psi on all cylinders and it had fel-pro gaskets already on it when I changed the intake. It did come out of a 70 satellite roadrunner clone. to me, all those things don't add up for a '73 318.

My swinger was the same way. With the 2bbl it sounded pretty lumpy. Put the Air Gap and 4bbl on it, smoothed right out :lol:.

@halifaxhops Ray being the ignition guru, just curious and maybe you would know, when looking at vintage drag racing parts, I noticed Joe Hunt / Vertex magnetos for all Chevy applications, but only Mopar listings are Gen 1 hemi's and some full race Gen II hemis. Any idea why other brands seemed to use them more than us?

lumpy and shaky.
My two best friends growing up, but really, there are lots of reasons for lumpy and shaky that has little to do with cam grind. Is the cam installed straight up? Do you know what that means..... Low vacuum on a stock engine is suspect IMO. But I was the guy who told you to wire the choke off the coil. So there is that...:lol:

My two best friends growing up, but really, there are lots of reasons for lumpy and shaky that has little to do with cam grind. Is the cam installed straight up? Do you know what that means..... Low vacuum on a stock engine is suspect IMO. But I was the guy who told you to wire the choke off the coil. So there is that...:lol:
I never touched the cam. the only thing I have done to that motor is change the intake and carb. the guy I bought it off of pulled it out of a satellite he just bought the week prior. so he does not know anything about it. just based off of what my other car buddies have said, and seeing how at least the intake and front cover have been off,(silicone sealer on the cover) I think it could have at least an RV cam. no vacuum leaks, timing is correct, and Tuesday I am getting a new dizzy vacuum canister so I can hook up vacuum advance. (and yes I know what installed straight up means).

I never touched the cam. the only thing I have done to that motor is change the intake and carb. the guy I bought it off of pulled it out of a satellite he just bought the week prior. so he does not know anything about it. just based off of what my other car buddies have said, and seeing how at least the intake and front cover have been off,(silicone sealer on the cover) I think it could have at least an RV cam. no vacuum leaks, timing is correct, and Tuesday I am getting a new dizzy vacuum canister so I can hook up vacuum advance. (and yes I know what installed straight up means).
Every Dirty Girl has her secrets.
If she's hot, runs good, and shows you a good time, don't worry about it, would be my advice.

Every Dirty Girl has her secrets.
If she's hot, runs good, and shows you a good time, don't worry about it, would be my advice.
yeah, Im fine with it. the only thing I'm not fine with is it leaking water from behind the intake and I can't tell where it's coming from.
and there is no water in it. only coolant...
I think I need to take it off again and re-rtv it.

-
Back