Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey guys, anything going on?

Happy birthday...
bday.gif

We can set you up with the one-legged waitress at I-hop.... :D

You can give her a good tip.... :rolleyes:
That reminds me of the other day at Wal Mart. I was in the checkout and a gal and guy rolled in line behind me. She was in a wheelchair and the cart pretty much covered her up. (visual) We were chatting and she said "dang, my back hurts" I said "I'll trade you my aching knee".
She said "I only have one" I apologized but we all laughed so hard.

That reminds me of the other day at Wal Mart. I was in the checkout and a gal and guy rolled in line behind me. She was in a wheelchair and the cart pretty much covered her up. (visual) We were chatting and she said "dang, my back hurts" I said "I'll trade you my aching knee".
She said "I only have one" I apologized but we all laughed so hard.

Scrounge up parts and see what you can build....

Body Parts.jpeg

He has to show a valid reason for it. Like me, transport large amounts of cash....something like that....
Yeah I’m not gonna comment cause it’ll definitely go super political quick if I do haha.

so back to your dart, how fast did you get her too

Yeah I’m not gonna comment cause it’ll definitely go super political quick if I do haha.

so back to your dart, how fast did you get her too
It's a handful over 100. Top speed looks like it will be about 130. That high gear overdrive...100 feels like 180 in hellcats....

It's a handful over 100. Top speed looks like it will be about 130. That high gear overdrive...100 feels like 180 in hellcats....
I have had my 66 a bit over 100 and it wasn't bad. I backed out of if thinking about what would happen if....... I did it once. That's enough.

I've noticed the road surface and the tires make a big difference.
NJ Motosports park was pretty rough on the outside of the straight at those speeds. Was using the Toys R888R tire but I was told alot of it is that track.
At Atco through the lights over 100 mph and it felt pretty good. That was on the street tires.
There may have been other times at those speeds where I've noticed it can be really smooth and nice or rather noisy and rumbly - like a box van as Tim said.

approaching Turn 1 is quite rough
upload_2022-2-2_21-2-5.png

I've noticed the road surface and the tires make a big difference.
NJ Motosports park was pretty rough on the outside of the straight at those speeds. Was using the Toys R888R tire but I was told alot of it is that track.
At Atco through the lights over 100 mph and it felt pretty good. That was on the street tires.
There may have been other times at those speeds where I've noticed it can be really smooth and nice or rather noisy and rumbly - like a box van as Tim said.

approaching Turn 1 is quite rough
View attachment 1715863446
With the money I have in the 4 inch pattern setup im stuck with crap tires. 14 inch. Might source a set of 15 inch wheels but even those have a poor selection for performance rubber...

With the money I have in the 4 inch pattern setup im stuck with crap tires. 14 inch. Might source a set of 15 inch wheels but even those have a poor selection for performance rubber...
The smoothest riding rubber for me has been the all-season M&S rated 14" tires.
My car is 5 on 4 pattern as well.
If I was to start over maybe I'd do different. But now its too much of a hassle. I've even thought about further committing to SBP with some really nice rims that look more like Torque thrusts or minlites.

Still using the Firestone Indy 500s but have been keeping an eye out for future replacements since those are out of production.
I think over time they stayed a little more grippy than the BFG radial t/a

Tim, You think the drive shaft angles are good?
I've used shims to tilt the differential angle a little further down. I beleive that helped match the front and rear u-joint angles.

-
Back