Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I usually aim for the center. 10 out of 10 is 100. So far my best is has been 87.

OMR I'll be up on Emerald St tommorrow AM. Inspection and see if they can find anything wrong or am I just paranoid.

I usually aim for the center. 10 out of 10 is 100. So far my best is has been 87.
So funny story: i was doing competition shooting a few years back. With a brand new 1911 in 45 ACP. 50 rounds, Bulleye is a 5. Perfect score is a 250. First few times out, I was barely in the 140s and my groups were all over the place. This guy named Andy in the club had won the matches for the previous 3 years running. So he decides he’s gonna teach me to shoot better. Hands me his pistol just to see how I did. I shot a 215 instantly. So he decides to take my pistol and shoot it, he scored a low 100. He was stumped. Well this old guy walks up, says hey, I bet that recoil spring is jacked up. So took it to a gunsmith the next day, guy confirmed it. Factory 1911 spring rate for my pistol was listed at 22 pounds. The spring tested at 14. So an 8 dollar spring change to an 18 pounder(what he had on hand), and the next week, I was shoot in the 200s with the same pistol.

I would not have expected that would affect consistancy. Interesting.
Dynamics in firearms is almost as complex as car systems.

3 thousand boots against 100 Thousand.
Please MR. Custer, I don't want to Die.
Depends. Is it 100,000 draftees with minimal training vs 3,000 of the elite Airborne Infantry? If so, I’m taking those bets, head to head of course. Assuming Air power and such not in play. I mean hell, the Battle of the Bulge, we were outnumbered 2:1 in infantry, 40:1 In artillery and 4:1 in tanks. 6 infantry divisions and 2 armored divisions held off 13 German infantry divisions and 7 panzer divisions with far superior equipment for 9 days until Pattons 3rd Army broke thru to help and switch the numbers.

the units we’ve stationed in Ukraine include the famed 82nd Airborne and elements of the 101st. While I have no faith in the current resident of the famed White House in DC. I have full faith that our boys and girls in those divisions could hold on long enough for backup to come. Even against 10:1 odds. Plus they’re backed up by Tornadoes and A10 tank busters.

besides, Putin is basically staring down dipshit in chief and trying to basically force the US to comply with it’s wishes. It’s saber rattling is all it is. Russia knows a hot war with the US and NATO would destroy not only them but us and the rest of the world as well.

I would not have expected that would affect consistancy. Interesting.
Dynamics in firearms is almost as complex as car systems.
Basically the recoil spring was too weak and allowing the slide to bottom out when fired. Bouncing/vibrating the muzzle slightly

Basically the recoil spring was too weak and allowing the slide to bottom out when fired. Bouncing/vibrating the muzzle slightly
See and I would have assumed the bullet had left the barrel before the slide was all the way back.

3 thousand boots against 100 Thousand.
Please MR. Custer, I don't want to Die.

The thinking is Putin would never knowingly kill American troops...WWIII would start over that....

Depends. Is it 100,000 draftees with minimal training vs 3,000 of the elite Airborne Infantry? If so, I’m taking those bets, head to head of course. Assuming Air power and such not in play. I mean hell, the Battle of the Bulge, we were outnumbered 2:1 in infantry, 40:1 In artillery and 4:1 in tanks. 6 infantry divisions and 2 armored divisions held off 13 German infantry divisions and 7 panzer divisions with far superior equipment for 9 days until Pattons 3rd Army broke thru to help and switch the numbers.

the units we’ve stationed in Ukraine include the famed 82nd Airborne and elements of the 101st. While I have no faith in the current resident of the famed White House in DC. I have full faith that our boys and girls in those divisions could hold on long enough for backup to come. Even against 10:1 odds. Plus they’re backed up by Tornadoes and A10 tank busters.

besides, Putin is basically staring down dipshit in chief and trying to basically force the US to comply with it’s wishes. It’s saber rattling is all it is. Russia knows a hot war with the US and NATO would destroy not only them but us and the rest of the world as well.

I will add this. The only time I’ll worry that it’s about to actually go hot is when the Marines are moved in. I may be an Army vet, but history shows, at least in recent times, that when it looks like going hot is a real threat, we move in the Marines.

See and I would have assumed the bullet had left the barrel before the slide was all the way back.
Yeah me too. But that’s what the gunsmith said. Either way, it’s a completely different pistol now than it was. One day I need to have the lips polished and the tigger pull adjusted now that it’s not my daily carry anymore.

I went to a M&P and a G42 for those duties. Mainly cause of capacity desires.

Yeah me too. But that’s what the gunsmith said. Either way, it’s a completely different pistol now than it was. One day I need to have the lips polished and the tigger pull adjusted now that it’s not my daily carry anymore.

I went to a M&P and a G42 for those duties. Mainly cause of capacity desires.
Of the three defensive shootings that recently made the news here, I think the most shots fired by the intended victim was 5 or 6.
Although the retired guy fired three or four at his attacker from what I could tell. He got real lucky his only injury was ringing in the ears.

There was one incident in the news about an off-duty officer with multiple attackers where higher capacity might have been helpful if he had been lucky. One of the bad guys had an extra mag (visible in the photos) but it didn't seem like that helped him at all.

Just anecdotal stuff but with so little available data for civilian defensive shootings it doesn't hurt to try to see if specific incidents, especially in your area, follow the supposed trends.

Well it is Kensington.
Yea. it's lovely but Brian is trustworthy an excellent mechanic. He's the one who made the headers and breather setup on the Barracuda.

Wish it was more convenient. I could then drop off the jeep and pick it up later.
Not using the Tioga El stop these days! May 3 or 4 years ago but not now.

if you're in the area I can give you shout when I'm done.

Rough crew!
Please delete post
he was looking for a personal phone call with someone who knows K-frames. Guess the title said K-cars or something like that. LOL
Maybe RRR will feel sorry for him and try to give him hand if he's not too far.
I tried to him with his previous thread and it was a bit difficult, but maybe he's not good with a keyboard.

Yea. it's lovely but Brian is trustworthy an excellent mechanic. He's the one who made the headers and breather setup on the Barracuda.

Wish it was more convenient. I could then drop off the jeep and pick it up later.
Not using the Tioga El stop these days! May 3 or 4 years ago but not now.

if you're in the area I can give you shout when I'm done.

I'm not that far 4200 block of Penn. Just up the street from the Church st stop.
Another Garden spot.:rolleyes:.
I wont be going down the rest of this week. Next two days look nasty. Weather wise.

Of the three defensive shootings that recently made the news here, I think the most shots fired by the intended victim was 5 or 6.
Although the retired guy fired three or four at his attacker from what I could tell. He got real lucky his only injury was ringing in the ears.

There was one incident in the news about an off-duty officer with multiple attackers where higher capacity might have been helpful if he had been lucky. One of the bad guys had an extra mag (visible in the photos) but it didn't seem like that helped him at all.

Just anecdotal stuff but with so little available data for civilian defensive shootings it doesn't hurt to try to see if specific incidents, especially in your area, follow the supposed trends.
There is that, but It’s just a choice. I figure 47 rounds should get me out of a threat better than 12. I usually carry a spare mag or two. Really need a double stacked 45 or 10 mm but I dislike the ergonomics of a wide grip that those end up having to have.

Honestly though, the biggest reason I carry my M&P is that it shares Mags with my Wife’s M&P Compact. So since she carries as well, I see it as a force multiplier

-
Back