Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
th?id=OIP.jpg

We stayed overnight at a hotel right off the interstate. The GPS in my truck said Chris place was 40 minutes away. Great. took over a hour and a half. We went thru little "burgs", we have to be close, nope, down tiny *** roads, don't forget We are in my big *** truck with a car trailer. Lots of tight corners, I really thought the GPS had malfunctioned....but we got there...In the pitch dark....Banjos started playing.....must have made 100 turns.........LOTS real tight...
You forgot to mention the fog!
My Twin brother hasn't talked to me since that trip

:rolleyes:

Ted and I tasted 3 samples from different barrels of Elijah Craig bourbon back in July. The one we chose was bottled as a single barrel and we call it a barrel pick. That program has to go through a registered liquor store here in Iowa. The single barrel we picked has been bottled and supposedly left the warehouse yesterday. My Facebook group, Waterloo Spirit Chasers, sponsors the pick and we get first chance at the bottles before they are offered to the public. The juice should be non filtered and barrel proof which is 133.5. It is quite mellow and drinks like a 110 proofer.

View attachment 1715863670
I kinda like the name.

When we came out to deliver you parts. After we left the main road. we made a turn every 30 ft for about 2 miles.
My brother who was asleep in the back woke up and his only comment was are we even on a road?
Haha like your brother said. It’s a way of keeping city folk at bay haha.

the funny part, where I’m building is a few miles west yet and the number of turns are probably 4-5 times more than the 2 miles you all traveled
I had a tough time believing the way the GPS sent us was the shortest ...
it did. For the time. At the time you guys came, they had just closed to closer exit ramp off 65. If that was open, you’d had maybe 3 turns once you got off the interstate.

You forgot to mention the fog!
My Twin brother hasn't talked to me since that trip

:rolleyes:

I still have his coloring book though.

Haha like your brother said. It’s a way of keeping city folk at bay haha.

the funny part, where I’m building is a few miles west yet and the number of turns are probably 4-5 times more than the 2 miles you all traveled
it did. For the time. At the time you guys came, they had just closed to closer exit ramp off 65. If that was open, you’d had maybe 3 turns once you got off the interstate.

I still have his coloring book though.
Best coloring book ever!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Were the directions like an old deed? Referencing tree stumps creeks and rocks? :rolleyes:
Actually you may laugh, but they’re are a LOT of old deeds like that in this area. some of our property markers actually are nearly 200 years old and are huge chunks of lime stone rocks.

O yea. The spooky *** fog down by the creeks.
The area you drove thru is actually known locally by old timers as the “Coffins”. Just about .5 miles from the shed you parked by, is an old gravel road. Still maintained by the county. Runs thru the creek bottoms where it floods. Anyway, back in the 1860s, there was a large slave house up on stilts there. When the owners learned that Lincoln had freed the slaves, they locked all the slaves in and burned it. Well I guess the fire wasn’t hot enough to fully cremate the bodies. So local Baptist church(you would have passed if the interstate exit ramp had been opened has this entire story from the newspaper inside their Annex), built a bunch of coffins and tried to bury the remains. Well, the very next time the creek flooded, the coffins floated up out of the ground. See the water table is very high in spots around here.

to make things spookier, the owner who burned them alive, committed suicide when the coffins floated back up. And about every year or two, someone dies in a car crash on that road, including a classmate of mine. Is very very dark, and people miss a sharp, 90 degree turn, usually late at night, and usually drunk. But there’s several markers theres

Funniest part of that trip from Pa. To El Paso to delivery my son's car was I flew home. My Brother stayed to help my son. Who then 2 weeks later my son Transferred to Ohio and drove the car There.:mad::wtf:

Actually you may laugh, but they’re are a LOT of old deeds like that in this area. some of our property markers actually are nearly 200 years old and are huge chunks of lime stone rocks.
That’s howw they are here. One of my ‘iron pins’ looks like a carriage axle. I’ll get a pic when I can - if I remember…

That’s howw they are here. One of my ‘iron pins’ looks like a carriage axle. I’ll get a pic when I can - if I remember…
The funniest one here is the marker that says “iron fence post.... along an entire fence line of HUNDREDS of old iron fence posts

Hey Karl, I have the cam for the 318.
It's a modified Ram air IV cam for a 400 pontiac.

I ordered some Italian beef sandwiches from Portellos in Chicago as I got a old hockey buddy flying in this weekend. He is originally from Chicago. He was my Coach for several years and then ultimately became the Commissioner of the league. After several years we all forgot his name and he became the Commish. He is a hoot, we will have a blast.

Italian beef is a staple of Chicago dating back to the stockade days.... Lots of places to get good Italian beef here...

-
Back