Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Dang man... glad you're OK.

I was trying to spot your face in the Jungle Shrubbery...
lol, thanks, thats the norm here every winter, I feel better in the house when I can talk to my plants.

What can possibly go wrong this fine Monday morning, we are just a bit over zero and that is great news. Sure hope Karl is getting sorted out but lord have mercy for the poor nurses on that floor!
I never thought of that ! I agree, they would have there hands full , yet there is alway a nurse that knows and enjoys dealing with a patient like Karl :lol:

Hey Howdy Mike

Well good morning
Waiting on the sunrise so I can start breakfast.
Link sausage, fresh eggs over easy and toast, memikie is hungry this morning

7F948FBA-D4F5-4159-ABDD-581F42ACB6EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning sleepy head, you get caught up on your sleep this morning?

Felt good Mike 1

We need it to get above freezing, waiting for polar bears on the pond ice!

Felt good Mike 1

We need it to get above freezing, waiting for polar bears on the pond ice!
Now that I’ve had my one good snow, spring can officially arrive so I can get on with things. Hopefully it will bring not only warm weather but solutions to other issues as well.

I sleep with my barber! She has been cutting my hair for years. Unless she has had more than two glasses of wine then she is not allowed to operate powered equipment like hair shears, ask me how I know!
Thats a true story I am sure :lol: I bet she lowered your ears a little to far.
You have a great day, done flipping eggs and toast is ready, my wife has took two ofe the 6 sausage links already, I better get her plate fixed before she fills up on sausage :lol:

Everyone have a great day, I am going to give it my beast shot :thumbsup:

I really know nothing about that engine. the 70psi of oil pressure was when it was warmed up too. the VR1 20-50 was the only oil I could find with zinc in it. (my original plan was to buy o'reillys brand 10-40 and put a bottle of zinc additive) but guess what? they were out of stock and couldn't tell me when they would get it back in stock.
Correct viscosity is far more important than the anti-wear additives.

At 180*F 10W-40 is around 25 cS, and a conventional 10w-30 is around 18 centistokes.
At 212*F 10W-40 is around 15 cS, and a conventional 10w-30 is around 10 centistokes.

Those are the factory recomended oil grades, with 10W-40 really not for cold weather because its still a bit too thick at 180*F.
-----------------------------------------------
For higher than 800 ppm in zinc in a conventional oil
Ford Super Heavyduty 10W-30, meets FORD WSS-M2C171-F1
it's pretty readily available.
One of the better options available for a relatively high ZDDP package in a conventional oil. Plenty for stock engine, stock spring presures. etc. Probably group II base oil. No API cert, and obviously Ford won't recommend it for cars with cats due to the potential long term warrenty issues.
Here's an oil analysis
PETROLEUM QUALITY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA TEST PROGRAM-Ford Superduty 10W-30

Last edited:
Joint the I dont back read club just 19.99 a year tacked on to your anual FABO membership! But wait there is more.......... a autographed Hoppy Pic to the first ten subscribers. Just pay additional shipping and handling charges.

I sleep with my barber! She has been cutting my hair for years. Unless she has had more than two glasses of wine then she is not allowed to operate powered equipment like hair shears, ask me how I know!
Good morning c\_/ . I have a tail about recent at home hair cutting. I've routinely brought out the clipper kit and old towel with a hole in the center. I put on the #4 attachment, plug it in, ready to go.
The fiasco begins with my 36 yr old junior living here. He uses my tools and things, rarely puts anything back where he got it. He wasn't home when I was rady for a haircut. It wasn't where its supposed to be stored. He will stand out in the backyard to cut his own hair (no sweeping up the clipping) so I figured it was left in the basement. There is so much stuff down there that one can look at a thing and not see it. I didn't find the clipper. So I call him, "Where the hell is my hair clipper? and why can't you put chit back where it belongs?" He says, "Straight back from the roll up door, on top of the tote with yellow top". Back to the basement to look again. I found the plastic box with comb and several attachments but no clipper, one attachment MIA. "DAMNIT" back to my phone and call his *** again. He says, "oh yeah, it wasn't working right so I had it over at end of workbench, plugged into that outlet". I hung on him. During my 3rd trip to the basement I recalled, a few days earlier he told me he was going to get a professional haircut for a change. Be back shortly.
Found the clipper. Brought it back up to where the heat is, took out 2 screws, snapped a pick of the clippings in it. Sent on wifes Facebook messager, "Clean the thing out once in a while.
Now the good part. The box with attachment is in one place, the clipper is in another. I move a kitchen chair out into middle of floor, Put towel over my head, and "OK hun". Wife steps up behind me, makes one pass up the back and over top of my head. Good size wad of clipping falls in my lap. I say, "It's working good now" She makes a 2nd pass. As another wad of clippings falls in my lap, she turns clipper of and says, "OH my God. We didn't put the thingy on it". My hair is growing back.
Next morning I asked jr., "If my car broke down, would you just leave it on the roadside somewhere and hop in a Uber? Please stop rocking my world".

-
Back