Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Been used for decades in big diesel engines..
yeah, I'm not saying its bad but its just interesting that the oil known for zinc and having all sorts of minerals an stuff in it has less than other ones.
The Delo 15-40 has 1-2% of zinc in it

Formulas change... I put QS Defy oil in the Duster cause it was suposed to be very high zinc. Read recently that the formula change. Still higher than average, but not what it used to be. Probably bowing to some kind of regulations. :BangHead:

my local O'Reilly's is using their turning machine as a shelf:lol:
I'm sure most got loaded out years ago with the scrap drums and rotors they were meant to be used on. For most cars the labor cost to do them is probably high enough it just doesn't make sense. And the shop makes more by selling the parts. So they just stay out of it entirely and avoid the discussion.

I'm sure most got loaded out years ago with the scrap drums and rotors they were meant to be used on. For most cars the labor cost to do them is probably high enough it just doesn't make sense. And the shop makes more by selling the parts. So they just stay out of it entirely and avoid the discussion.
But when rotors are north of 200 dollars cutting looks good...

Been used for decades in big diesel engines..

yeah, I'm not saying its bad but its just interesting that the oil known for zinc and having all sorts of minerals an stuff in it has less than other ones.
The Delo 15-40 has 1-2% of zinc in it

Formulations have changed.
I was using Rotella T 5W-40 for the Grand Wagoneer. Then changed to T6 because the formulation changed even though its "Rotella'.
Somewhere around 2017-18 the formulations were changed again.
With the new engine in the Wagoneer, the Ford Diesel oil was about the only conventional I could find with a moderately high ZDDP based anti-wear package. So that's what I went with. Its rebuilt so plenty happy with 10W-30.

By next winter hopefully I'll have identified a decent 5W-30 synthetic to switch to.
Standard cam so the valve spring pressures are nothing crazy.

idea: figure a way to mount the rotor on a drill press then hold a file up against it.
First sets of used K-H rotors I got with the calipers and booster etc were a bit rusty.
Two had already be cut to the max so put them aside for emergency (and hte hubs were good)
The other two got cleaned up on a flat surface. Old school hand lapping.
One place I worked the tech got a big stone just for that type of work (non automotive).

But when rotors are north of 200 dollars cutting looks good...
Well ya drive them 'spensive cars...:poke:
Just looked up my CX-30 on AZ. Duralast Gold are $88 front / $64 rear. I'd guess they start thinner than years ago knowing they will not be cut.

I was using Rotella T 5W-40 for the Grand Wagoneer. Then changed to T6 because the formulation changed even though its "Rotella'.
Somewhere around 2017-18 the formulations were changed again.
Here's a VAO for Rotella T6 in late 2014.
It was still API CJ-4 (diesel) SM (gasoline) and no GF at all.
http://www.pqiamerica.com/June 2014/shellrotellat6.htm

Everything is more difficult these days.

Afternoon!
A balmy -7 at the moment and will be even warmer tomorrow. 0c or 32f. Moved hoist back so i have more room at front of truck, to maneuver engine when i pull it.

I was reading up on the 2023 Escalade. 640 Hp. Multi tone exhaust system. Some kind of cut off system, cable operated.
I'm never going to sell my 02, but I'm really going to look into thus one further.

I was reading up on the 2023 Escalade. 640 Hp. Multi tone exhaust system. Some kind of cut off system, cable operated.
I'm never going to sell my 02, but I'm really going to look into thus one further.
You gonna start drug running too? :rofl:

You gonna start drug running too? :rofl:
Every time I go thru a certain city I see dozens of unmarked LEO vehicles camped out on the highway. And marked as well. I do get some looks but never been stoped. I guess a big *** truck is not the vehicle of choice of drug runners...

Every time I go thru a certain city I see dozens of unmarked LEO vehicles camped out on the highway. And marked as well. I do get some looks but never been stoped. I guess a big *** truck is not the vehicle of choice of drug runners...
Around here, Escalades and H2s are the drug runners vehicles of choice

Probably one of those "We'll let ya drive it after ya sign all the paperwork and we have the down payment in hand." That was the response I got when I was signing the papers for my Express and saw the SRT Durango in the show room :rofl:

Probably one of those "We'll let ya drive it after ya sign all the paperwork and we have the down payment in hand." That was the response I got when I was signing the papers for my Express and saw the SRT Durango in the show room :rofl:
No test drive in the Demon. You pay for it, you get to drive it.....

-
Back