Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Joint the I dont back read club just 19.99 a year tacked on to your anual FABO membership! But wait there is more.......... a autographed Hoppy Pic to the first ten subscribers. Just pay additional shipping and handling charges.
I'll back read 1000 posts a day if you promise to NOT send me any Hoppy pix!
Good Morning

It's Mahindra Monday!
hqdefault.jpg

Good morning :D

I really know nothing about that engine. the 70psi of oil pressure was when it was warmed up too. the VR1 20-50 was the only oil I could find with zinc in it. (my original plan was to buy o'reillys brand 10-40 and put a bottle of zinc additive) but guess what? they were out of stock and couldn't tell me when they would get it back in stock.
Get some Rotella-T 15-40, has plenty of zinc in it.

Just dropped wifes Audi for brake pads. Walked home. Up hill. 5.7 miles! 1 hour and 20 minutes. Not bad for a 62 year old guy! IMO...

I knew they would screw me at the mechanic. 600 dollar estimate inflates to 1400. Needs new rotors. Hmmm. Why? They are rusty. WTF. Turn them. Can't. B.s. whatever...

Tried that stuff one time only.
Spent the next day with a taste in my mouth like I had been welding galvanized pipe all the day before :rolleyes:
I did that and another zinc supplement because 'it was recommended' when covid started. Figured out it was causing sensitivity in teeth, so stopped. Sensitivity was nill within a couple days.

Correct viscosity is far more important than the anti-wear additives.

At 180*F 10W-40 is around 25 cS, and a conventional 10w-30 is around 18 centistokes.
At 212*F 10W-40 is around 15 cS, and a conventional 10w-30 is around 10 centistokes.

Those are the factory recomended oil grades, with 10W-40 really not for cold weather because its still a bit too thick at 180*F.
-----------------------------------------------
For higher than 800 ppm in zinc in a conventional oil
Ford Super Heavyduty 10W-30, meets FORD WSS-M2C171-F1
it's pretty readily available.
One of the better options available for a relatively high ZDDP package in a conventional oil. Plenty for stock engine, stock spring presures. etc. Probably group II base oil. No API cert, and obviously Ford won't recommend it for cars with cats due to the potential long term warrenty issues.
Here's an oil analysis
PETROLEUM QUALITY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA TEST PROGRAM-Ford Superduty 10W-30
Thank you for the information. I did a little more research in both the ford oil SDS and the Valvoline SDS. In the Ford oil, there is just the basic zinc dikasdhfktoflghgdfjfdjfphate.
Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.55.23 AM.png

in the Vavoline there are three. (technically)
Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.53.38 AM.png

the ford has 1.22% by wt. which equals around 12,200ppm of zinc.
the valvoline has 1.44% by wt. which equals around 14,400ppm of zinc.

Really no change at all. The Ford is 29.99 and the Valvoline is 33.99.
So the next oil change I will be getting the ford oil for my mopar and save 3 bucks. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the information. I did a little more research in both the ford oil SDS and the Valvoline SDS. In the Ford oil, there is just the basic zinc dikasdhfktoflghgdfjfdjfphate.
View attachment 1715865922

View attachment 1715865921

So the next oil change I will be getting the ford oil for my mopar and save 3 bucks. :thumbsup:
The Ford oil for power stroke is high in zinc. But I use rotella. Or dello

View attachment 1715865922

View attachment 1715865921

You see where mopar refused the warranty repair on a diesel engine that seized up because of owner missed an oil change

-
Back