Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It’s an old cal custom!! Circa 1950s thru 60s. I have one! Got it off of Daren Kirkpatrick from Graveyard cars!

View attachment 1715883843

View attachment 1715883844

View attachment 1715883845

View attachment 1715883846

View attachment 1715883847

Thats cool ! Thank you for the pictures and information :thumbsup:

Good morning. All caught up. I was wondering how close those twisters came to @memike place. Saw Jonesboro on the map... Glad everyone is ok...
yes, vert close, about 30 miles to my west, a bunch of damage and trees on homes , no fatalities :thumbsup:

I don’t think it is meant to come apart. But I’ll look and see
thank you, I am just getting to start a search this morning, these old breathers are so cool, wish these things could talk and tell us there history :lol:
I believe there is a set screw holding it together

Got Cinnamon running this morning. First time in many months. Had no spark last time I tried, but was cold out that day... Changed the ignition module first with no change. Then swapped the coil. She coughed on the first try. Took a few more tries (probably flooded)and ran smooth as could be. :thumbsup:Was going to take it for a drive, but after a few times forward and back to check the brakes it stalled and wouldn't shift. :mad: But my first guess was right - grommet on the linkage was gone (again). Think I will mod that to put a retaining pin or something. Or, one of these days it's gonna leave me sitting somewhere.

ATT00014.gif

Got Cinnamon running this morning. First time in many months. Had no spark last time I tried, but was cold out that day... Changed the ignition module first with no change. Then swapped the coil. She coughed on the first try. Took a few more tries (probably flooded)and ran smooth as could be. :thumbsup:Was going to take it for a drive, but after a few times forward and back to check the brakes it stalled and wouldn't shift. :mad: But my first guess was right - grommet on the linkage was gone (again). Think I will mod that to put a retaining pin or something. Or, one of these days it's gonna leave me sitting somewhere.

View attachment 1715883914
That engine does run smooth....:thumbsup:

They can make a ton of power in a compact package. Great aftermarket support. Came in Chevy?
So my dad bought himself a 2wd Chevy truck this weekend at an estate auction. Supposedly started life as an in-line 6/3 speed truck, now has a Chevy small block and a 4spd. Runs strong. Very strong. The son of the deceased previous owner told dad afterwards that the small block was a 327. But I’m having a hard time believing it given the 3 year production life span of the 327. It’s just a two barrel. But I’m guessing 305.

So my dad bought himself a 2wd Chevy truck this weekend at an estate auction. Supposedly started life as an in-line 6/3 speed truck, now has a Chevy small block and a 4spd. Runs strong. Very strong. The son of the deceased previous owner told dad afterwards that the small block was a 327. But I’m having a hard time believing it given the 3 year production life span of the 327. It’s just a two barrel. But I’m guessing 305.
What year Truck ????????

That is what I’m guessing.

The standard engine was an overhead-valve inline-six with cast-iron block, displacing 250 cubic inches or 4.1 liters. This engine made approximately 120 horsepower and 205 foot-pounds of torque, and featured a Rochester two-barrel carburetor. For the K20 and K30 a bigger version of the six could be ordered -- it displaced 292 cubic inches, or 4.8 liters, and produced 115 horsepower and 315 foot-pounds of torque. K10 buyers could order a four-barrel V-8 displacing 305 cubic inches, or 5 liters, which produced 165 horsepower and 240 foot-pounds of torque. Optional across the line was a four-barrel 350-cubic-inch, or 5.7-liter, V-8, producing 165 horsepower and 275 foot-pounds of torque. Also available for all models was a diesel V-8 with cast iron block displacing 379 cubic inches or 6.2 liters, producing 130 horsepower and 240 foot-pounds of torque.

The standard engine was an overhead-valve inline-six with cast-iron block, displacing 250 cubic inches or 4.1 liters. This engine made approximately 120 horsepower and 205 foot-pounds of torque, and featured a Rochester two-barrel carburetor. For the K20 and K30 a bigger version of the six could be ordered -- it displaced 292 cubic inches, or 4.8 liters, and produced 115 horsepower and 315 foot-pounds of torque. K10 buyers could order a four-barrel V-8 displacing 305 cubic inches, or 5 liters, which produced 165 horsepower and 240 foot-pounds of torque. Optional across the line was a four-barrel 350-cubic-inch, or 5.7-liter, V-8, producing 165 horsepower and 275 foot-pounds of torque. Also available for all models was a diesel V-8 with cast iron block displacing 379 cubic inches or 6.2 liters, producing 130 horsepower and 240 foot-pounds of torque.
Yep. Guy claims this was an engine swap to a 327 after the inline 6 let go. But I’m guessing 305. And definitely pre-smog. I can’t quite find the dang casting numbers without taking everything apart. But judging by the manifold size, I’m really thinking 305.

I think it is on the back behind the cylinder head at the bellhousing. Should be able to crawl up in there and see it

-
Back