Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Wife is thinking she's like to try a raised garden this summer. Go for it.
I also reminded her the little town four miles from us has a great farmers market every Tuesday.
Might be easier than raising it yourself.
You are right, but what she can do is start out putting chicken wire around cardboard boxes that are big enough to hold say three tomatoe plants , the easiest is plant your own cabbage and lettuce, and get the rest of your greens and fruits from the market.. start small, learn what can be grown with the dirt and compose you can make and get in your area.

I still have all the drip irrigation for the hops plants. Just really need to get all the trelles down one year. Be great for say some sort of bush like berries etc. Was hoping growing weed would be legal by now just for the wife. Man that crap is expensive!

Was hoping growing weed would be legal by now just for the wife. Man that crap is expensive!
Agree, I hope to be starting a three plant green house (and 50 cuttings) soon as they do, rumor has it the three count is coming for us soon.

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. This talk of fuel prices has my blood pressure up first thing this AM. We can handle all of our oil needs domestically. Anyway, Mopars in the Park being ~600 mile round trip. 10 miles per gallon lets say for even numbers. Current premium fuel was $4.50 last time I looked. $270 in fuel. At $7/gal = $420 in just the fuel there and back. This will hurt this years car shows a ton. Even the 2-300 miles a week I put on the truck. I will need to find another way to get by.
Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. This talk of fuel prices has my blood pressure up first thing this AM. We can handle all of our oil needs domestically. Anyway, Mopars in the Park being ~600 mile round trip. 10 miles per gallon lets say for even numbers. Current premium fuel was $4.50 last time I looked. $270 in fuel. At $7/gal = $420 in just the fuel there and back. This will hurt this years car shows a ton. Even the 2-300 miles a week I put on the truck. I will need to find another way to get by.
haven’t checked the math on this but seems right. Posted by an accountant who’s in my unit.

875C77C4-A03E-4C94-9E2E-1095109EC5B3.jpeg

Tell you what fixed income sucks from a six-digit income to a low five blows. Really have to watch our driving now since nothing s close. So glad the wife does alot of tele med stuff three times a week. That used to hurt a 60 mile trip three times a week. Could not afford it now. Was talking to the rural mail guy we have now. They are basically contractors and use personal cars. The amount they get reimbursed for milage is not doing it for gas. Alot of them are leaving. He uses three tanks a week in his small suv.

I feel for you man. I don’t know how you do it in times like these
Tell you what fixed income sucks from a six-digit income to a low five blows. Really have to watch our driving now since nothing s close. So glad the wife does alot of tele med stuff three times a week.

Agree, I hope to be starting a three plant green house (and 50 cuttings) soon as they do, rumor has it the three count is coming for us soon.
I wanna do more hydroponic gardening in the future. I have much better luck with it

haven’t checked the math on this but seems right. Posted by an accountant who’s in my unit.

View attachment 1715884279
It will be like the 70's you were in diapers, gas prices and lack of it meant you just didn't drive as much.
One thing covid brought was remote work for a lot of people.
Gas prices will bring it back.
Here is my opinion and ALL I will say on the matter (TMM)...by mid-summer the WH will have to scape their energy dreams and increase domestic oil/gas production.
Even if they started tomorrow it will take five-six months before we see a difference.

Any of you guys pump gas in the last gas shortage like I did? That was interesting. See the same people every day with a different plate and the invention of this!

714fEKtOpeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

010488ab63fc4f46eab3a640edfd84e8.jpg

4d5643e0531fe31c45f29d87559f13c0.jpg

It will be like the 70's you were in diapers, gas prices and lack of it meant you just didn't drive as much.
One thing covid brought was remote work for a lot of people.
Gas prices will bring it back.
Here is my opinion and ALL I will say on the matter (TMM)...by mid-summer the WH will have to scape their energy dreams and increase domestic oil/gas production.
Even if they started tomorrow it will take five-six months before we see a difference.
I wasn’t around in the 70s.... I wasn’t born until 87

Oh man the things I saw. Plenty of fights, Hippy types parting thier asses off waiting for fuel. Hot girls all dressed slutty to get a few extra gallons ( i could care less was around 12). Bribes. And some pretty funny stuff. The owner was a no BS guy and enforced the rules which made it even better. Fun times actually. Only thing I saw that was really positive is everyone helped push the others to the gas pump to save gas.

Makes me think electric mowers, motorcycles, chain saws and the obvious! Cars will be on the roads and in the woods working quietly as all the gas engines set in the garage more very soon

Hey on another note. What is with all the oem used brake drums for sale that look seriously thin? Guess thats ok now?

-
Back