Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
upload_2022-3-12_10-23-21.jpeg

Thinking I’ll grab me some new saw blades . Gonna need them for the dart roof chop. Thinking 4 inch chop, maybe 6.

Thinking I’ll grab me some new saw blades . Gonna need them for the dart roof chop. Thinking 4 inch chop, maybe 6.
If you are tall I would do some pre cut math. While chopped does look cool, once done a tall guy really suffers trying to drive it. And if you are ever going to go to track with it you need to make sure you can get your gourd with helmet in. If memory serves you are not a small guy A?

The sad news is that number 14 probably won’t happen, mama is having emergency surgery now and this may end their chances for a second baby

So I scored some cool racks made out of thick wall tubing for free. HEAVY!! I was thinking using the steel from those, I have 2, and making a Rack, up high, on front of Car trailer, to haul stuff. Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Before I start a project, I need to see the completed thing in my mind, so I know how to accomplish it.... That is how my mind works....

I saw Greg and Eddy chop a Bug once. Basically had the roof clip cut into quarters to get the window posts to mate up after removing about 3". Used that spare roof clip for the tin to cover up all the newly created gaps.

So I scored some cool racks made out of thick wall tubing for free. HEAVY!! I was thinking using the steel from those, I have 2, and making a Rack, up high, on front of Car trailer, to haul stuff. Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Think tire rack on an open race car trailer. They seem to work well.

Wow, you are going from the frying pan into the fire!

You must know a creative "glass guy".
My body shop buddies always had a spare roof clip around when undertaking such an adventure.

I would not even know where to begin.....How do you get curved glass to fit after the chop? For one....

So many things change when you start choppin' those window posts. Length, width, angle :eek:

If you are tall I would do some pre cut math. While chopped does look cool, once done a tall guy really suffers trying to drive it. And if you are ever going to go to track with it you need to make sure you can get your gourd with helmet in. If memory serves you are not a small guy A?

You are really trying to NEVER finish that car. :BangHead:

upload_2022-3-12_10-57-30.gif

How heavy is HEAVY I guess. Weight limits, distribution and tongue weight if that matters

-
Back