Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OK gents... looked in the suspension thread... any other secret recipes for getting a :mad:torsion bar removed from the LCA?

Gone through 2 cans of PB Blaster over several days and I've heated until it was smoking. Zero movement.

Looking for options short of torch...or cutting wheel. :rolleyes:

"Removal" tool worked like a champ on the other side. This side..... not so much

20220313_131325.jpg

Last edited:
OK gents... looked in the suspension thread... any other secret recipes for getting a :mad:torsion bar removed from the LCA?

Gone through 2 cans of PB Blaster over several days and I've heated until it was smoking. Zero movement.

"Removal" tool worked like a champ on the other side. This side..... not so much

View attachment 1715887501
Unbolt the lCA and knock it back.

Nice collection of bolt pieces :thumbsup:

I had something similar with the removal tool I got from Mancini.
Drilled and tapped new hole.

Lemme put my thinking cap on.
I've got a fuzzy memory that yes there is an alternative byt taking off the strut and LCA as an assembly.

Remove the strut rod nuts. And the LCA nut.
Then if the hangup is in the front hex (in the LCA) the t-bar will move to rear.
That should help get any remaining tension off the hexes.

I can think of the three things that can cause them to hang up.
* damage to the front that side loads the t-bar
* painted hex ends. Don't ask me how I know not to paint the hex ends.
* corrossion.

Remove the strut rod nuts. And the LCA nut.
Then if the hangup is in the front hex (in the LCA) the t-bar will move to rear.
That should help get any remaining tension off the hexes.

I can think of the three things that can cause them to hang up.
* damage to the front that side loads the t-bar
* painted hex ends. Don't ask me how I know not to paint the hex ends.
* corrossion.

I think it's rust.. might as well be welded in there at this point.

It's stuck in hex the silly. Puzzle solved!
:rolleyes:

sorry, Ray wasn't here to say it!
:lol:

IDK. This is hwere working on the ground sucks.
With a lift could bolt it back into the K frame get a better swing with a sledge hammer.
Maybe let it soak overnight and try again?
I've done the spray PB plaster on a bolt every day for a week. That was with hollow AIR tube exhaust manifold bolts. I think it helped.

Assuming this is just the camara lens?
making it look like the pin centerline and the t-bar/socket aren't in line?
upload_2022-3-13_14-0-2.png

OK gents... looked in the suspension thread... any other secret recipes for getting a :mad:torsion bar removed from the LCA? Even a little side to side or twist will lock it in.

Are you planning to use re-use the t-bar. If not, cut off disk. You certain no tension on it?

Assuming this is just the camara lens?
making it look like the pin centerline and the t-bar/socket aren't in line?
View attachment 1715887534

I don't think it's the camera... this whole side has been FUBAR... K-member break, bent strut rod and this. I'll get a straight edge on the frame as well just to be sure.

Getting a new LCA from RR AL as well.

Other side has been very easy to disassemble.

Probably need to just get new torsion bars and cut this thing out. Do over.

Hmm

I don't think it's the camera... this whole side has been FUBAR... K-member break, bent strut rod and this. I'll get a straight edge on the frame as well just to be sure.

Getting a new LCA from RR AL as well.

Other side has been very easy to disassemble.

Probably need to just get new torsion bars and cut this thing out. Do over.

Hmm
Heat it up. Pound it off...

-
Back