Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
upload_2022-3-14_15-19-55.png

Man that will not hold up doing what your doing. Keep looking for a 8.25 in 246 and up ratio. Then you can steal a track lock out of a jeep usually 3:55 ratio cheap.

The 8.8 Ford rears are pretty popular, strong, cheap, and disc brakes.

Disc brakes are over rated :rolleyes: First time I went drag racing with my old asphalt plant partner with his B/G dragster I was shocked to see it had Olds drum brakes on it. "Disc brakes are heavier" he says. The dragster was a former sand drag car built by the sons of his friend. The kid's name was, let me think, oh yeah, Alan Johnson, AJPE's Alan Johnson. :lol:

He will break that 7.25 remember he is still in school so money is a issue.
Agreed. And I know. Which is why I say 8.25. Heck, even an 8.8 might be more affordable. Or a 9.25 from a grand Cherokee

Agreed. And I know. Which is why I say 8.25. Heck, even an 8.8 might be more affordable. Or a 9.25 from a grand Cherokee
I wondered about Jeep and Dakota rears. They look like they would be close to the right size and they seem to be pretty tough. What rear's are they?

Hmmm @halifaxhops wonder what axle is in your Dakota? And how a Dakota axle compares to the measurements of an A body? I know the Dakota frame and rear suspension is very popular in the hot Rod realm. And some of them are running big blocks with the factory Dakota rear axle

I wondered about Jeep and Dakota rears. They look like they would be close to the right size and they seem to be pretty tough. What rear's are they?
I’m guessing either 9.25s corporate or Dana 44s,

I'm going to scrap this idea. Just buy a rack for the truck.....Easier...
Having to fix to many issues, the latest is the sideways flex of the trailer, would probably break welds....so I took it off. I nearly knocked myself out, thing hit me in the head while I was flipping it over. Blood everywhere, I'm good now....

Having to fix to many issues, the latest is the sideways flex of the trailer, would probably break welds....so I took it off. I nearly knocked myself out, thing hit me in the head while I was flipping it over. Blood everywhere, I'm good now....
Ouch get it checked out to be safe

He will break that 7.25 remember he is still in school so money is a issue.
Once I get a job outside of high school (hoping for an internship at a classic car restoration shop) I can actually start spending 1000 on a rebuilt 8.75. I was looking into getting a 9" from like a bronco or something like that because they come with 4.10's already. (if you can find the right one) However, converting it to an a-body is what costs the most. When I was really into looking at rear end alternatives, doing all that to a 9" would be only like 200$ less than buying a fully rebuilt 8.75 with whatever gears I want. There is a guy that did all my friends rear ends (leave it karl) for 1000$. But for now I am trying not to scatter parts. Because I don't think the gear oil has ever been changed.

-
Back