Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good to hear damage was minimal Chris. We got a good handful of EF-0 to EF-2 funnels north and east of me. No damage here except for a few limbs down around town. Those are usually from hollow trees that are at the end of their lifespan anyway. It's supposed to be windy here today. (up to 40 mph) too windy to rake leaves or stack bb's like they say. Coffee time!

Good to hear damage was minimal Chris. We got a good handful of EF-0 to EF-2 funnels north and east of me. No damage here except for a few limbs down around town. Those are usually from hollow trees that are at the end of their lifespan anyway. It's supposed to be windy here today. (up to 40 mph) too windy to rake leaves or stack bb's like they say. Coffee time!
im choosing to believe that being the 1 year week of my grandfathers funeral, that he talked God into sparing it?

Good morning everyone, all of the dead limbs are trimmed and the small ponds around me are full.
I have not heard on any bad damage around me.

Again I enjoyed your Video @MOPARMITCH , thank you for sharing, have a safe flight .

High of 52 and sunny today on the hill.

Screenshot_20220313-110534_Facebook.jpg

We gots lucky. Just a few tree branches down. Neighbor 1/4 to the west lost a barn roof, nieghbor to the east a 1/4 mile lost part of their brand house’s roof. Farmer to the northwest lost his grain bins. Farmer 1 mile southwest lost a barn and his irrigation system. There’s also one grain bin in a field that apparently no one knows where it came from at the monent

View attachment 1715907308

View attachment 1715907309

View attachment 1715907310

View attachment 1715907311

View attachment 1715907312

My wingman is fixin' to move into that fun when he retires next year. He bought a place near Ft Campbell Ky in the recent past.
He just got back from a trip there to see how his plans were going since his place was destroyed in that REAL bigun a few months ago.

Good morning everyone, all of the dead limbs are trimmed and the small ponds around me are full.

Again I enjoyed your Video @MOPARMITCH , thank you for sharing, have a safe flight .

View attachment 1715907315
We are having wind chill in the teens today. Enjoy your sun on the hill.

Wife gets the day off, says i have to go to work. How is that fair? For fun im going to try and drive to shop. Some big drifts.

We only have a "Small Craft Advisory" today :rolleyes: 25 mph gusts :lol:. I'm thinkin' I'll see frost out there once the sun comes up. Grape farmers will love that :lol:.

View attachment 1715907315
We got a bunch of wind in last storm as well, Porto pot ended up out by road!

Wife gets the day off, says i have to go to work. How is that fair? For fun im going to try and drive to shop. Some big drifts.
Still snowing here Frank but looks like it is about to fizzle out. You should see it drop off here in a couple hours. Looks like it is coming your way. Still a lot of wind tho.

We are having wind chill in the teens today. Enjoy your sun on the hill.

Wow !! Thats friggin cold ! It's 38 here now, zero wind looking out the kitchen window with full sun and blue skies. Another good thing about living on this oak tree filled hill is there is zero water standing, and drains very fast, I bet i get out on the lawn tractor and hook the big buggy up to pick up wind fall, but that will wait till it hits 50 degrees, going to go enjoy a festive breakfast by myself.

EVERYONE have a good day, treat it like someone left the gate open :thumbsup:

Screenshot_20200730-125006_Gallery.jpg

My wingman is fixin' to move into that fun when he retires next year. He bought a place near Ft Campbell Ky in the recent past.
He just got back from a trip there to see how his plans were going since his place was destroyed in that REAL bigun a few months ago.
Well all I know is, I’m designing with tornadoes in mind. I don’t like that the building codes only require a 85 mph wind rating. I’m trying to design for 140. Working with a structural engineer who’s one of the NCOs in my unit. 140 mph side wall and 150 mph roof rating puts me a bit higher up in the EF scale. So hopefully reducing the probability a bit. But never know

Well all I know is, I’m designing with tornadoes in mind. I don’t like that the building codes only require a 85 mph wind rating. I’m trying to design for 140. Working with a structural engineer who’s one of the NCOs in my unit. 140 mph side wall and 150 mph roof rating puts me a bit higher up in the EF scale. So hopefully reducing the probability a bit. But never know

Kinda like designing for the subterranean occurrences in this neighborhood? How big will the big one be? Nah, let's just get through the medium ones without too much damage.

Wow !! Thats friggin cold ! It's 38 here now, zero wind looking out the kitchen window with full sun and blue skies. Another good thing about living on this oak tree filled hill is there is zero water standing, and drains very fast, I bet i get out on the lawn tractor and hook the big buggy up to pick up wind fall, but that will wait till it hits 50 degrees, going to go enjoy a festive breakfast by myself.

EVERYONE have a good day, treat it like someone left the gate open :thumbsup:

View attachment 1715907318

treat it like someone left the gate open

I like that phrase....

Just came in from feeding the fish. man there are so many frogs this year you need hearing protection out there! Bas will be fat soon!

Kinda like designing for the subterranean occurrences in this neighborhood? How big will the big one be? Nah, let's just get through the medium ones without too much damage.
Yeah. My theory is if I design for an F4, and an F5 hits it, then well I tried

Wife is doing our taxes. Pay in $12,000. That's what happens when you inherit the farm. :lol::lol:

-
Back