Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just got word, Mom has a spot in a town 35 miles away for supportive living.moving day in 2 weeks. Its good news. Supportive living is govt subsidized and assisted living is private run. So overall this is better.

except i have a house to sell and empty.

Just got word, Mom has a spot in a town 35 miles away for supportive living.moving day in 2 weeks. Its good news. Supportive living is govt subsidized and assisted living is private run. So overall this is better.

except i have a house to sell and empty.
Well sounds like best case for the moment

Meanwhile 47 mph wind gust here in town.
Iowa2.jpg

Last edited:
Driver side 1/4 doesent fit worth a ****. Will keep working at it.

Them Navy wingnutz are sure busy at our airport today. Must be building an appetite for Margaritas an Tacos at Pepper Garcia's before the flight back to Lemoore NAS :lol:

Jodi said the Frogs are out of control this year at home as well. Said she needed ear plugs to sleep. I told her I had a much better plan! So the wind that went thru picked our port o pot up and moved it as I mentioned earlier. The part I did not mention is it landed on its feet? So just looks like a big hand picked it up and set it down. Jodi has not looked inside yet for fear of what she may find! No idea if it rolled or flew!

Jodi said the Frogs are out of control this year at home as well. Said she needed ear plugs to sleep. I told her I had a much better plan! So the wind that went thru picked our port o pot up and moved it as I mentioned earlier. The part I did not mention is it landed on its feet? So just looks like a big hand picked it up and set it down. Jodi has not looked inside yet for fear of what she may find! No idea if it rolled or flew!
:eek:

CADAA598-A400-49A6-9993-A777CF15F2B8.jpeg

Just pulled in work and it started pouring. Was beautiful 80F this morning. Full yard mowed. Trash out. Weeds are a lovely shade of brown after spraying on Tuesday…

I think she'd know if it rolled. Those things aren't exactly sealed!
LOL

IMO the frogs are one of the easier things to get used to.
Trying to get to sleep in a field with these guys courting 'till the wee hours is hard to get used to.
They start up again about an hour before sunrise....
I can't upload the mpg but these are good examples...
Eastern Whip-poor-will Sounds, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

Always double check the incoming purchases in detail.
The invoice was correct, there were terminals in the bags. But when I went to use it to replace the broken one on the headlight socket - its the wrong size. :BangHead:
upload_2022-4-14_15-0-36.png

Of course I need the to drive the wagon as the heater core is out of the Barracuda. I could have rigged that but this was quicker, and the front is coming through soon.
Reshaped the single wire terminal
upload_2022-4-14_15-3-27.png
upload_2022-4-14_15-5-16.png

It will do until the correct ones show up.

Got primer and paint on some of the rust while I had the opportunity.
upload_2022-4-14_15-8-38.png

Always double check the incoming purchases in detail.
The invoice was correct, there were terminals in the bags. But when I went to use it to replace the broken one on the headlight socket - its the wrong size. :BangHead:
View attachment 1715907519

Of course I need the to drive the wagon as the heater core is out of the Barracuda. I could have rigged that but this was quicker, and the front is coming through soon.
Reshaped the single wire terminal
View attachment 1715907521 View attachment 1715907523

It will do until the correct ones show up.

Got primer and paint on some of the rust while I had the opportunity.
View attachment 1715907527
Dang! You can put a bigger connector on a smaller male but not the other way around.

Dang! You can put a bigger connector on a smaller male but not the other way around.
I had some other wide terminals for headlights, but nothing made for two wires. They're sending me the right ones but hate doing that over. There's not any extra length in those wires to keep cutting them shorter. If I'm careful I should be able to undo the crimps - at least the insulation crimp. I only ordered from CE because Mouser has a bunch of miscut terminals. Steve in canada ended up with some he posted photos of - not sure why he ordered them but picture on Mousers website shows the miscut.
upload_2022-4-14_15-40-58.png

https://www.mouser.com/c/connectors/automotive-connectors/?m=Aptiv&tradename=Series 59

I figured going with CE would be less headaches...
Well they were nice enough when I called and explained what happened.
I should hae looked more closely at the contents when the envelope showed up instead of the day I needed to do the job.

Well I havent driven the f 250 since I'm thinking last July or August.
I rode in it last week and asked when is the last time you had this in for service
Oh about 2 months ago.
Ok how did it pass inspection? It always does snicker snicker. GRRR.
Guess I can't complain only $1,300.00 in repairs.
2 coils and plugs. Control arms bushings were gone. and ball joints front rotors and brakes . Oil change.actually didn't need that, but what's a few more bucks. . Needs two tires yet.:mob::wtf:

-
Back