Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning
Frozen crud here this morning. 44 for the high. A mess.

Welder gas conversion kit I ordered last night from Summit is on its way. That Ohio warehouse is too handy. Usually 2 day delivery. It'll be here tomorrow
When I was looking for non NOS parts always checked Summitt first. Great service and easy returns.

Had some time got the pop on the lift. Cant really see it but starter nose broke again and the SFI flywheel teeth will work but not! Dam problems with a 500HP RB!
DSC01065.JPG
DSC01066.JPG

When I was looking for non NOS parts always checked Summitt first. Great service and easy returns.

Yeah...made the best mistake of paying for 2 day delivery the first time I ordered... of course, I didn't realize my mistake until my second order, standard delivery, showed up in two days....

Geez, I can't believe how the C body market has gone. You'ds think they would be more appreciated by 2022 but they are not worth much and cost a fortune to build.

6 hundo for lower quarters of questionable quality, for a thousand dollar car.

Plymouth Fury 1968 Lower Quarter Panel 2 Door
Sure but you can find the cars themselves dirt cheap, even in survivor or driver condition. A buddy of mine just bought a 4 dr 68 Fury. Very very nice car. Garage kept survivor. Rust free. With a 440. For 5200 bucks.

Parts are ridiculous right now. Even a body is getting up there also.
It’s because they can’t any to replace them. Plus AMD has stopped stamping early B body stuff and most A body stuff, especially quarter skins.

So round trip yesterday with the old Cummins, 497.7 miles. Loaded with a 24 ft goose neck weighing 8300 pounds, and a tractor weighing 9600 pounds, 31.3 gallons of diesel. 15.9 miles per gallon. There’s new trucks that can’t get that unloaded

@Mopar Tim

Yes I have just the mini starters have a weak beak! 4th one and everything was quadruple checked. O well another thing to change when I get new heads on it and pull the motor. Might have to have the ignition off when cranking like a stock car. Just one more thing to do. Way to much compression I think is what is going on now. No way I can get a regular Hight torque starter in there. Hey this one lasted a few years!:rofl: and 25 miles!

Sure but you can find the cars themselves dirt cheap, even in survivor or driver condition. A buddy of mine just bought a 4 dr 68 Fury. Very very nice car. Garage kept survivor. Rust free. With a 440. For 5200 bucks.
5 Gs isn't what i'd call "cheap" that's still a lot of dough

My 68 Fury is a 2 door fast top with a big block was 8 hundred in 2018. It does need lower quarters and a trunk floor. Even with putting another 1500 hundred into it to fix those issues and I'm still better off than 5 Gs for a 4 door.

I think overnight, I've turned into an old lady talking about the good ol days 10 -15 years ago lol when darts were under 2 grand all day, nice darts of good years.

My 68 Fury is a 2 door fast top with a big block was 8 hundred in 2018. It does need lower quarters and a trunk floor. Even with putting another 1500 hundred into it to fix those issues and I'm still better off than 5 Gs for a 4 door.

I think overnight, I've turned into an old lady talking about the good ol days 10 -15 years ago lol when darts were under 2 grand all day, nice darts of good years.
Exactly. It’s tough to find a rust free beaker A body under 5. Rusty projects are going for 2500 these days. Without engines.

OK any suggestions on a good HD flywheel that will stand up to abuse. RB of course.

OK any suggestions on a good HD flywheel that will stand up to abuse. RB of course.
There have been a lot of chatter about mini starters breaking nose cones lately. I think on big blocks.

There have been a lot of chatter about mini starters breaking nose cones lately. I think on big blocks.
There are two styles. On is kind of fluted at the nose and has just ribs and holes some are solid. Biggest thing with them is when hot they like to kick back unless the timing is perfect. Had that for a bit then went full mechanical advance it solved that. Think this is more from the motor barely broken in and the rings are still tight.

Roth IRA statement. Down $1432.66 on $30,000. I figured it would happen. Not a bad ride so far. I started out with $6,000. :thumbsup:

-
Back