Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning- what’s left of it. Nice outside. Think I will go finish cutting grass I started yesterday…

Operation Iceberg, Feb 16-18 2001, average high temp was -5 deg F. All we had were issued Jungle boots. Had an old man tell me that was probably as close to understanding how cold it was in Belgium in the Battle of the Bulge as we’d ever get.
There is a training facility north of here, Springer lake. Its my understanding that not only canadian troops train there but other countries as well.

There is a training facility north of here, Springer lake. Its my understanding that not only canadian troops train there but other countries as well.
Nice!

operation iceberg was a 3 day search and rescue mission for a missing person. We found said person, alive. Made it home just in time to watch Dale Earnhardt die in the crash at Daytona.

Good Morning.
Was going to drive the duster today in honor of Earth day but It rained overnight. Since my tach and gauge light wiring is tied to the windshield wiper mechanism under the dash; it would not have ended pretty.

Not good to make a large carbon footprint of white smoke :D
That was the plan for today. Ever since I put the new carb on I've had issues with it stumbling from off idle whacks. I thought too lean so I filed out a .31 squirter I had to 0.bejeezus and the problem got worse. (didn't even chirp the tires anymore)
So it was too rich so I put the .31 squirter I saved in it and while not perfect; it idles higher and cleaner, no bog if I get it up on the converter and launch it, and it lays patch again.
My earth day celebrations will need to wait until later today or tomorrow.

SPEAKING of earth day... I got new carpet in the duster that resembles something the earth makes:D
PXL_20220413_002339934.jpg

6x8 sheet of artificial turf for $21.95

Morning Mike

How ya getting on today?
Getting on well , in Oklahoma at the time, little vacation l guess, setting in a bar enjoying some good fun quiet time for myself, alone in a bar

16506508497193566226048593914977.jpg

Last edited:
Trip to the chiropractor today,. He definitely got something loose. My leg has been twitching since I left.
My nose usually starts running when I leave mine, you go back soon?

Last edited:
1/4 is on and first coat of fill. Clean up and out it goes for a couple weeks.
Next week is dealing with getting mom moved into the care home.
And i have to work on other customer vehicles.

I nose usually starts running when I leave mine, you go back soon?

I'll head back in a week.

I only go when I have a specific thing come up that needs attention. I know what makes it right so I just tell them. Couple of visits gets things back on track then I'm good for another 6 months to a year usually

Cat to the vet √
Laundry started √
Working on unloading the dishwasher √
Return E mails √

Getting on well , in Oklahoma at the time, little vacation i guess, setting in a bar enjoying so good fun quiet time foe myself, alone in a bar

View attachment 1715912589
My lunch sucked. Was running late after finishing mowing. Decided to stop for chicken on the way to work. I like Wendys chicken sandwiches, but got nuggets for the first and last time. I thought they were chunks of real meat. Nope. Processed crap. Better than what I recal McD’s being. But still all the appeal of minced fish sticks. And I ordered spicy, which they were not. :BangHead:

earth near the barstow-oak hills- lucerne triangle in general:lol:

Are ya saying pretty much any dry lake out there in spring? :lol: They get a similar fractured look.
I saw a couple weeks ago there was 2.sumthin quake about 10 miles NW of Barstow. Most of the meth labs are to the east in Newberry, so it couldn't have been one of those blowing up :rofl:

A recent connection to the old homeland.

upload_2022-4-22_12-23-12.png

That sign was part of our lone remaining Drive In until a few weeks ago.
It has moved to the Drive In of my youth in Barstow.
Hot summer nights, lawn chairs in the back of the Ranchero, ice chest containing adult beverages obtained in an unscrupulous fashion :rolleyes:. Those were the nights we decided to pay for the movie :lol:. There is a hill right behind it and being surrounded by millions of acres of the Mojave's finest desert knowledgeable people knew how to access that hill during the show :lol:. They did show "Adult" movies at that Drive In on occasion :rolleyes:, not that we ever drove up the hill for that.
With the proper off-road type lighting on the vehicle as in pencil beams it was great fun to get the truck, baja bug, jeep parked in the proper position so at the critical part of the film you could make the screen go bright white with the flip of a switch or 2 :rofl:

I'll head back in a week.

I only go when I have a specific thing come up that needs attention. I know what makes it right so I just tell them. Couple of visits gets things back on track then I'm good for another 6 months to a year usually
Same here, thank goodness for those corporations we need.

Right now this is what I need, my wife has been running with her mom .

memike time

Screenshot_20220422-151028_Gallery.jpg

That is Oklahoma Clay, I will be bringing some to have at the bottom of my tomatoes

-
Back