Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
:lol::lol: Sorry, I must have bumped the stick on the way out. :rofl:

I'm sure that Cal Poly University San Luis Obispo is thrilled to see one of their engineers is involved in that near disaster :lol:
fbb2f2f65fc81d2ac187ffa3f5b5378b.jpg
51cfd73ce32cd.image.jpg

Cal Poly's idea of flying :rofl:

Sweet, now does she want a job?! Haha I need another lawyer
She told me after 30 years she's packing the shingle away for awhile. She might work a few hours a week from home. Nothing until after the first of the year.

Not much. Got a lot to do before I head east on my yearly pilgrimage to the promised land. Hoppy land! Picking up my 67 440 dart Wednesday . needs a few things after my brother wrenched on it and sat for 8 years. Today taking Simones mom for another covid booster. She is 87. Then in just a few days flying to Hawaii to go on our long planned cruise. Then get home from that and start planning for Carlisle. Not much going on here....

Not much. Got a lot to do before I head east on my yearly pilgrimage to the promised land. Hoppy land! Picking up my 67 440 dart Wednesday . needs a few things after my brother wrenched on it and sat for 8 years. Today taking Simones mom for another covid booster. She is 87. Then in just a few days flying to Hawaii to go on our long planned cruise. Then get home from that and start planning for Carlisle. Not much going on here....
"Not much going on here" :rofl::rofl:

Just another Monday :lol:

Somewhere round here I have a book all about making alcohol fuels :rolleyes:
The thing about making alcohol fuels is that they need to be close to pure ethanol. A gallon of wash may net you a quart of 100 proof. Run it through again and that quart turns into a half quart or less of 140 proof. Run that through again and you may get a pint of 180 proof. 180 still has 10% water and other stuff that may not burn. See where I am going here. Ethanol plants or vodka distilleries produce 190+ proof but do it with a column still which for a home fuel maker is very expensive.

column still.jpg

The thing about making alcohol fuels is that they need to be close to pure ethanol. A gallon of wash may net you a quart of 100 proof. Run it through again and that quart turns into a half quart or less of 140 proof. Run that through again and you may get a pint of 180 proof. 180 still has 10% water and other stuff that may not burn. See where I am going here. Ethanol plants or vodka distilleries produce 190+ proof but do it with a column still which for a home fuel maker is very expensive.

View attachment 1715916149

Just like chemical and fuel refineries... Cook your base material, tap off at various levels up the distillation column and you get your "Proof" "Octane" "Chemical" output

Morning Fellers, Lots of honey do's this morning. Then need to get my truck and travel trailer ready for my trip to Texas.

Ford power steering leak fixed. Pressure hose leaking. 2 hours to change it. Its done, thats all that matters. Now that stupid duty. No windshield washer. And battery is fn dead. I have tried off and on for 2 years to nail down the intermittent parasitic drain. Cannot find it.

Nice set-up. I figure that at 50 I got myself off the ground with a tent trailer... Maybe at 60 I add electricity and running water. :lol:
When camping at the Carlisle show im
fine sleeping on the ground. But with wife in tow this is what's needed

20220417_073759_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back