Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looking for a recommendation.
Drilled a couple small holes last fall through the brick garage walls to run a small pvc line outside for drainage off the mini-splits air/heat. Looking to fill the gap at either ends so small bugs/snakes don't wander in.
Is there a foam spray that will seal it up or do I use like a concreate caulk??
I would use calk.

I mixed up vinegar soap and salt. We will see how well it works. Keith says it does
I didn't use any salt. That's supposed to make it more of a 'ground clear' that gets into the soil and keeps killing. I didn't want that since I was ready to put in the garden. With about 15% vinegar everything browned up quick and was dead the next day. The bigger dandilions with deep roots were coming back a week later so I dug some most of them out when I planted.

Looking for a recommendation.
Drilled a couple small holes last fall through the brick garage walls to run a small pvc line outside for drainage off the mini-splits air/heat. Looking to fill the gap at either ends so small bugs/snakes don't wander in.
Is there a foam spray that will seal it up or do I use like a concreate caulk??

I've had success with spray foam. Critters don't seem to eat it. I also put wire mesh over the end of the drain line to limit entry.

I didn't use any salt. That's supposed to make it more of a 'ground clear' that gets into the soil and keeps killing. I didn't want that since I was ready to put in the garden. With about 15% vinegar everything browned up quick and was dead the next day. The bigger dandilions with deep roots were coming back a week later so I dug some most of them out when I planted.
I want this to be permeant Round up is crap

A couple of 4th Street Cruise photos from the local newspaper.

4th street cruise 22.jpg

4th street cruise 22b.jpg

I've had success with spray foam. Critters don't seem to eat it. I also put wire mesh over the end of the drain line to limit entry.
I figured plumbers used something like that. I was picking up the landscape stuff at Mernards the other day and asked.
They had some concreate mix crap. I mentioned a foam spray and they had no clue. Remember what you used??
I have to paint the pipes first before I seal them. Ya I know a little anal...like it to look nice.

How much of each? What was your recipe?

Which spray foam??
I usually get Great Stuff. They have a bunch of different ones depending how much you want to fill. Just looked on HD site and I see they have one that is supposed to reppel critters, but I've never seen that to be a problem. Now, depending on location, BIRDS can be an issue. They will pick at it. Used to pick our valve insulation apart on the ammonia pipes at the cold storage,

Which spray foam??

Great Foam, depending on the gap size there are varying "recipes" on expansion. If you decide on caulk or concrete injection I'd put some backer rod in and top off. I find that caulk is less effective on wider gaps or vertical surfaces.

I figured plumbers used something like that. I was picking up the landscape stuff at Mernards the other day and asked.
They had some concreate mix crap. I mentioned a foam spray and they had no clue. Remember what you used??
I have to paint the pipes first before I seal them. Ya I know a little anal...like it to look nice.

Great Foam, depending on the gap size there are varying "recipes" on expansion. If you decide on caulk or concrete injection I'd put some backer rod in and top off. I find that caulk is less effective on wider gaps or vertical surfaces.

As said 15% vinegar. I got 30% from cleaning aisle in Home Depot and cut in half with water. Not sure how much salt is needed if you go that route.
FYI. This is not a budget solution. More of a way around nasty chemicals. The high test vinegar was like $20 a gallon. I’m pretty sure the Spectracide concentrate I normally get works out to much cheaper.

Which spray foam??
I use cement all
Company rapid set.
Home depot has it $20.00 for 50 lb.
Dries in minutes in plus
80 tempts. If you pour it about 4 0z of water for
two cups if you want to patch a hole in a brick. I would say a
A half cup and a shot glass of water.

Morning, trees in the wind brake yesterday then took the wife out to dinner. Just taking it easy today.

-
Back