Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
hey ya duke - missed you coming in earlier..

every day is a cup day for me... I'm in trouble when it gets past that.. how go your title/plate woes?
It all worked out, I just have to get truck weighed today so CA charges me right on my fees. In CA EVERY truck, EVERY Toyota, Ford, Nissan EVERY truck is commercial registered. and one of the fees is by weight. It being from Denver, was not weight certified for CA. This is after everything else was worked out.

nice! and how's it going with your holes?
It all worked out, I just have to get truck weighed today so CA charges me right on my fees. In CA EVERY truck, EVERY Toyota, Ford, Nissan EVERY truck is commercial registered. and one of the fees is by weight. It being from Denver, was not weight certified for CA. This is after everything else was worked out.

nice! and how's it going with your holes?
Cant get to them without removing the dash. And removing the windshield, AFTER I finely got it to stop leaking! some guys say they can remove dash with windshield in the car, I dont see how.

Never have I had to redo so much on a car! Maybe im getting older? slowly loosing my train of thought. I hope not...

see - I don't recall any of them actually being under the seal.. I do have to admit that this was a LONG time ago too... I do remember essentially gutting the dash before going after the dash bolts, so yea, the heater box was out.. I got each bolt/screw loose from above then finagled them out with my fingers.. I have never messed with pre 70's cars so...

Cant get to them without removing the dash. And removing the windshield, AFTER I finely got it to stop leaking! some guys say they can remove dash with windshield in the car, I dont see how.

Would a 90angle drill get in there? Is your seal on glass good? If so, I would find another way to enlarge them. Stone on right angle die grinder? Long round file through the top hole? Put some peanut butter around the edge and let the mice work on it...

thinking i may finally break out the sand blaster this weekend

Good morning. Thinking about the upcoming get-together you guys are having. FABO gives us so many good things. Really looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing the stories.

It was very good to meet Tom last night despite it being a time of loss. And meeting his friends and hearing their stories of Tom in happier times. And Tom's daughter Gina impressed me so much. Very, very smart, warm, mature, and beautiful, and looks you in the eye. Any parent would be proud to have a daughter like her.

On a side note, the guys at Enterprise always hook me up, I got to drive a Mustang convertible. It was fun to have the experience, the car was fast (couldn't figure out the hood latch but it was V6 I could tell, by the sound) with a toggle switch for Normal, Sport, and a couple other settings for the transmission and suspension. The gauges and interior look good, better than the Camaro I had recently.

You MIGHT be able to get them out from the bottom, they screw in from the top. But no way I can see to get them back in. They angle right into the glass.

Would a 90angle drill get in there? Is your seal on glass good? If so, I would find another way to enlarge them. Stone on right angle die grinder? Long round file through the top hole? Put some peanut butter around the edge and let the mice work on it...
Yes seal in new, and I got it to stop leaking. I could take it back out, I have done it a few times trying to get it sealed correctly. Not that easy to do BTW. Getting sealed correctly.

and there-in lies the rub - even if you do manage to get them out.. good damn luck getting them back in! I do not envy you your dilemma..
You MIGHT be able to get them out from the bottom, they screw in from the top. But no way I can see to get them back in. They angle right into the glass.

yes, we heard that you went - very cool! Kudos X10!
Good morning. Thinking about the upcoming get-together you guys are having. FABO gives us so many good things. Really looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing the stories.

It was very good to meet Tom last night despite it being a time of loss. And meeting his friends and hearing their stories of Tom in happier times. And Tom's daughter Gina impressed me so much. Very, very smart, warm, mature, and beautiful, and looks you in the eye. Any parent would be proud to have a daughter like her.

On a side note, the guys at Enterprise always hook me up, I got to drive a Mustang convertible. It was fun to have the experience, the car was fast (couldn't figure out the hood latch but it was V6 I could tell, by the sound) with a toggle switch for Normal, Sport, and a couple other settings for the transmission and suspension. The gauges and interior look good, better than the Camaro I had recently.

-
Back