Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yes seal in new, and I got it to stop leaking. I could take it back out, I have done it a few times trying to get it sealed correctly. Not that easy to do BTW. Getting sealed correctly.

I did mine twice. Not enough butyl on the lower 'shelf' the first time.
Came in like a waterfall. :violent1:
Thats why I say if you got it to seal I wouldnt want to mess with it. I had originally done my pivot seals while everything was out. But, had drips coming through them. So removed with dash in place to add grease fittings, and put them back in. I dont envy your task. Getting dizzy just thinking about it.

Out to the shop. Let see what i get done today! Later Mike, and everyone.

I have grease fittings already, just no seals, like stated would not fit.

I WILL get it. will post what I do... O and one more thing, I am going to black out the hood with matt black vehicle wrap! Will post about that as well. With a matt black go-stripe on roof and trunk it should look great.

I did mine twice. Not enough butyl on the lower 'shelf' the first time.
Came in like a waterfall. :violent1:
Thats why I say if you got it to seal I wouldnt want to mess with it. I had originally done my pivot seals while everything was out. But, had drips coming through them. So removed with dash in place to add grease fittings, and put them back in. I dont envy your task. Getting dizzy just thinking about it.

grease fittings to what?

grease fittings to what?
Part of sealing the wiper pivots, you put in grease zerks, fittings on the pivots. Not there from the factory. Should have been IMO. Grease has a twofold purpose. First it lubes the pivot, will never wear anymore, they are all egged out, second it will impede water seeping thru.

Hey Mike and Tim.

Ain't life great? Sippin' on a glass of wine and looking out on the sunset after a wonderful day.

LOl yep sunrise here! 10 AM on the left coast of USA. you get your booster yet?

boo hiss :wack: jackwad... LOL
\
It was noot that bad was it?

150px-InNOut.svg.png

Part of sealing the wiper pivots, you put in grease zerks, fittings on the pivots. Not there from the factory. Should have been IMO. Grease has a twofold purpose. First it lubes the pivot, will never wear anymore, they are all egged out, second it will impede water seeping thru.

Interesting, there a write up for this?

juz workin' - you?

Taking it easy today, Long day on my vette project yesterday. left fender had some cracks and when I dug in it, it had tabs of metal riveted in and packed with claw glass. So I got into fiberglass and resin on the inner and outer sides.

-
Back