Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Wow, I cracked open the Holley 650 DP from my 66 tonight, last time I drove it (last fall) I had to use Fred Flinstone power to get it home....inside my carb looks like it went down on the titanic....never seen so much rot inside a carb before....wtf! It's mostly junk....only the base plate, metering blocks, and acc pump covers are good....total junk. I'm waiting for my camera to charge so I can get pics.....carb has been on for 9 years (new when I bought it) and worked good till last fall, figured all it needed was a rebuild but this one wouldn't benefit from a miracle!!!

Nine years is a pretty good run between rebuilds.

That's what I thought! And I'm totally happy with the performance, even have a trick kit to do a rebuild....but it won't do any good....need another carb, can't afford to go new so I'll have to find a core....been inside many Holleys but never seen this....need to check my camera .....

Wow, I cracked open the Holley 650 DP from my 66 tonight, last time I drove it (last fall) I had to use Fred Flinstone power to get it home....inside my carb looks like it went down on the titanic....never seen so much rot inside a carb before....wtf! It's mostly junk....only the base plate, metering blocks, and fuel pump covers are good....total junk. I'm waiting for my camera to charge so I can get pics.....carb has been on for 9 years (new when I bought it) and worked good till last fall, figured all it needed was a rebuild but this one wouldn't benefit from a miracle!!!
That sucks. White crusty stuff? Been there, done that.

That's what I thought! And I'm totally happy with the performance, even have a trick kit to do a rebuild....but it won't do any good....need another carb, can't afford to go new so I'll have to find a core....been inside many Holleys but never seen this....need to check my camera .....

Let me check tomorrow. I may have one. Need to look in the garage.

Morning folks.

Nice and sunny here today. Our japanese cherry blossom tree is slowly erupting into pink loveliness.

Wow, I cracked open the Holley 650 DP from my 66 tonight, last time I drove it (last fall) I had to use Fred Flinstone power to get it home....inside my carb looks like it went down on the titanic....never seen so much rot inside a carb before....wtf! It's mostly junk....only the base plate, metering blocks, and acc pump covers are good....total junk. I'm waiting for my camera to charge so I can get pics.....carb has been on for 9 years (new when I bought it) and worked good till last fall, figured all it needed was a rebuild but this one wouldn't benefit from a miracle!!!

Sounds familiar, soak it in Berryman's,hope for the best. The main well,is what I'm most worried about.

Morning folks.

Nice and sunny here today. Our japanese cherry blossom tree is slowly erupting into pink loveliness.

That's wonderful.. In California, we deal with a five year drought. It's expensive, to have properly watered vegetation.

Good morning! Mid 70s today on the East side. Figures the only rain in forcast is Friday when I plan to be in Carlisle. :protest::violent1:

That's wonderful.. In California, we deal with a five year drought. It's expensive, to have properly watered vegetation.

Yeah, I've read about it. Good thing you're pumping fracking waste water into the water beds you still have ... :wack:

Hope you get some well needed relief soon.

The sun and a lot to do! I got a good surprise for you on lift day and hint is all about bikes

Ha ha...I can't wait. I am looking forward to meeting these guys. What can I bring to help out?

I was at camp last weekend. Too much drinking not enough fishing and now Lift day...

Add Keith and it is the same for me. I think Ben and I will have a good time for sure.

-
Back