Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Im charging $50/hr when i work on long term projects, the Firebird for example. Owner gets a deal and i can work as many or few hours as i wish. He said, not to push it, as body shop is in no rush to get it in until snow falls.

That makes sense but when you blast something apart, fix it and get it back together in a couple hours $90 is very reasonable.

That makes sense but when you blast something apart, fix it and get it back together in a couple hours $90 is very reasonable.
I agree, yet in the back of my mind,im always concerned customer may think its too much. Yet i almost always get a gratuity.
A long time local mechanic,recently passed away and some of his work is now coming my way. He was retired and working cheap. Real cheap. Im not dropping my door rate to accomodate those customers.

Yes, IFF, radios, nav. Worked both Intermediate level on the bench and was also Organizational level on A-6, EA6B, P-3 (Barbers Pt), ships company (USS Peleliu), recruiting.
Got ya, Com Nav in the USAF. USAF avionics is all the instruments and black boxes basically.

I don’t go back very far to back read but welcome to retirement
Well you guys know how I have explained race trailer is already loaded and ready to head South? Well Jodi calls in last night explaining for the house offer she needs abstract and well documents this morning that are located in filing cabinet. Yep, cabinet is in pre loaded in trailer about 1/2 way up. She needs em this morning so guess what I get to do? Arghh, Epic fail. I considered utilizing the standard, poor planning on her part did not constitute an emergency on my part rationale but wisely opted not to.

I agree, yet in the back of my mind,im always concerned customer may think its too much. Yet i almost always get a gratuity.
A long time local mechanic,recently passed away and some of his work is now coming my way. He was retired and working cheap. Real cheap. Im not dropping my door rate to accomodate those customers.

People are paying for your knowledge too, just like Hoppy working on a dist. Seen rates as high as $135 an hour and those shops not only don't get it right the first time, don't think they try to "make it right" all the time.

Got ya, Com Nav in the USAF. USAF avionics is all the instruments and black boxes basically.

Daughter wanted to walk the "Freedom Trail" last night, it's on the base and goes through an RV park. There was this monterous multi tip-out RV flying a USAF and USA flag on a 20 foot mast, impressive. I'm looking at all these guys, retired and hanging out on the beach in their RV's, some day!

I have a retired friend who is basically homeless by choice. Takes Mac flights all over the place and stays on the bases for as long as he wants. He loves it.

I have a retired friend who is basically homeless by choice. Takes Mac flights all over the place and stays on the bases for as long as he wants. He loves it.

We've seen some of those type people in MAC terminals while we are waiting for our flight. They are always a lot less concerned about getting bumped than we are lol!

Good morning all. Off to a late start to head to the top of upper Michigan. Truck is loaded, couple smalls and off. Take care all

Be a fun time if single.

We were thankful when we caught a hop out of Italy, wife was freaked out when we got robbed by guys on a Vespa, understandable but I didn't want to leave. That flight took us all the way through to Tacoma WA, all we had to do was get a ride to Sea-Tac airport to pick up our car.

Today the daughters new car gets delivered and we're helping her pick it up. Two good things with this, we are paying for 1/2 of her car rental and a RAV4 will get better gas mileage than her El Camino.

It's Scatpack Saturday!
247b8b2d83b4918be06ab5257c88830a--spinning-top-mopar.jpg

Good morning :D

-
Back