Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
WV Chris observed correctly, and pointed out the obvious.
Ind Chris is making assumptions and jumping to conclusions. Stick to the facts and then you can figure out the why.
You know where there was heat.
You know no fuse opened, but you do not know the circuit? So maybe its not fused? or has a CB? or ?
Certain bulbs stopped working - so now you can figure out the circuit. The bulbs are not damaged, therefore they did not draw excessively high current.
Working it lol. What’s confusing further is according to this, the melted wire pin is for the dimmer control switch

Good Morning

First and last are irrelevant if nobody else is in line. :rolleyes:

Really need to get the hedge trimmers going here. Maybe today. Maybe not. LOL. I did get one of these recently. Haven't used it yet..

View attachment 1715976923
20220828_100923.jpg

So some further detective work, there’s 3 wires with chaffed insulation on the back side of the plug. This plug goes to what Chrysler calls a multifunction switch. It handles brakes, turn signals, flashers, wipers, high/low beam, washer fluid, and hazards.

the way the plug mounts to the Column with the tilt column, these 3 wires move a bit as you run the tilt thru the range of motion., so over 23 years, they likely rubbed bare and probably arched against each other.

now, I think I can salvage this plug and possibly lengthen these three wires and add some heat shrink for additional protection.

I also took a part the switch and found it was full of green corrosion on the copper terminals. I cleaned it but I think I’m just gonna replace it.

harness checked out for continuity and I took the grounds loose, cleaned them and reinstalled.

once I get the plug fixed, I hopefully will have solved this problem

Morning Mopar heads and bush trimmers. Have to put the hay fork on the tractor today. Picked up some hay for the horses and need to get it in the hay shed. But that can wait till after breakfast. Need to get some work done on the hot rods, lots of shows the next month here.

Yeah but it’s worth it. It’s on my 99 Cummins. My grandfather custom ordered this from Dodge and it has all the paperwork still. 182,000 miles and 4spd and a 5 speed and mostly rust free body. Can’t complain too much for 4000 that I had to pay to get it last year

All this bush trimming, long poles, deflowering, and under boob is gonna give Karl a weeks worth of material when he gets back! Looks like I get to do more showings today for open house. Maybe I will show them my big deck. They can use it any way they want.

Just got off the phone with Karl. Still in the hospital but he sounds good. Says he's having trouble getting enough breath to walk around good so he's probably got a few more days in.

Mowed, edged, trimmed and cleaned equipment to include a thorough cleaning of the underside of the mower deck. Now a refreshing Rum drink on the porch to take in the order carved out of chaos.

:lol:

We are back. 600 plus cars. I went for a walk early, there and back is nearly a mile if we include the sidestreets they were parked on. I tried to capture all the mopars. There were lots!
DBA69C5B-A24F-42DC-BC41-999F08EE31A5.jpeg
CAD7FB2D-BE76-43AA-8E54-35A098C856B3.jpeg
3902EE1A-6E65-47A9-82B5-8D9885EA21F3.jpeg
EE4EE2B7-96D0-4415-84E6-EF7419ACA4AB.jpeg
6DEDC495-C92F-4ADD-9FA9-33029FA57519.jpeg
04B7BFEA-414A-4092-9A7E-168AA1C14A7D.jpeg
925E5374-6672-4ABD-8510-8C0BDB6CAE1D.jpeg
F23F63E4-661B-4C1B-8CCC-CECE6E46F1D1.jpeg

All this bush trimming, long poles, deflowering, and under boob is gonna give Karl a weeks worth of material when he gets back! Looks like I get to do more showings today for open house. Maybe I will show them my big deck. They can use it any way they want.

Hey John....

How'd the day turn out?

-
Back