Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Totally relevant for todays needs. One of the most enduring air platforms on the planet for a reason. Ruthlessly effective, and virtually indestructible! And the sound when overhead is very distinctive and warms an infantryman’s heart!

I agree, they had a Warthog at an airshow on the base some years back, flew it in a super tight circle, love those GE turbines.

They'd be great for the Corps if they would get over the whole VTOL requirement for their attack aircraft
Yep!
I remember back when they were just rolling out the Harriers, they did not quite have the “hover” aspect sorted out. When it all went sideways and pilot ejected the plane was inverted so ejection did not go well. They fixed that in a hurry after a mishap or two. I am still partial to the A6!

They'd be great for the Corps if they would get over the whole VTOL requirement for their attack aircraft

I was on an amphib, USS Peleliu, usually has Harriers? but they were grounded and back on the beach a lot or all of the deployment, only saw a couple take offs/landings.

Yep!
I remember back when they were just rolling out the Harriers, they did not quite have the “hover” aspect sorted out. When it all went sideways and pilot ejected the plane was inverted so ejection did not go well. They fixed that in a hurry after a mishap or two. I am still partial to the A6!

Love the A6, almost defies physics with it's payload carrying capability.

Love the A6, almost defies physics with it's payload carrying capability.
We would often times provide security for them in the desert, we would watch them load the wings and we simply could not fathom how it could get off the ground. There was no spare real estate anywhere under the wings!

We would often times provide security for them in the desert, we would watch them load the wings and we simply could not fathom how it could get off the ground. There was no spare real estate anywhere under the wings!

Cool, yes add that weight to the fuel weight and it's amazing that they could get off the ground. Once while deployed on a carrier they did an "airshow" for the crew, A-6's put up a "Wall of Water" dropping ordnance in a circle, impressive!

Imo not as good as original. No way a worn out f14 takes down 2 su37 fighters...
I didn’t say it was as good, I said it was very close. That said, rarely are squeals even close so I’ll give it an A

Hmmm I wonder if this is the problem

FB3BB988-CC16-42BF-A4EE-1D1CE5C2DBEF.jpeg

F32EB97F-2CF7-4318-8C2F-B8AC77C1931F.jpeg

047F988C-BE0A-4FB0-B8DC-AF88E6E99598.jpeg

Good Morning
First or last

Up first or up last, depends how you see life
First and last are irrelevant if nobody else is in line. :rolleyes:

Morning

Some yard work to do. Power company isn't happy with the shrubs around the meter. So have to trim them back for the meter reader.

View attachment 1715976750
Really need to get the hedge trimmers going here. Maybe today. Maybe not. LOL. I did get one of these recently. Haven't used it yet..

31u12hhAbhL._AC_US1000_.jpg

I just found an old Black and Decker 18V hedger, guy couldn't find charger for it so was free (I gave him $1). Came with 2 batteries, just got a charger off of Fleabay for cheap. I have a corded one but need to use and front of property so cordless is best.

Well... the effects of a problem at least. Nice find

That's some unnatural melting there
(Signed Cpt Obvious)
Yeah but you’d think it’s be blowing fuses. It’s not and contrary to what I thought initially, it’s not popping bulbs. It’s just stopped working . Checking the harness out now

Yeah but you’d think it’s be blowing fuses. It’s not and contrary to what I thought initially, it’s not popping bulbs. It’s just stopped working . Checking the harness out now
WV Chris observed correctly, and pointed out the obvious.
Ind Chris is making assumptions and jumping to conclusions. Stick to the facts and then you can figure out the why.
You know where there was heat.
You know no fuse opened, but you do not know the circuit? So maybe its not fused? or has a CB? or ?
Certain bulbs stopped working - so now you can figure out the circuit. The bulbs are not damaged, therefore they did not draw excessively high current.

Espresso machine gets the morning off. It got an overnight acetic acid soak, some clear water rinses to come. It's a White Russian morning :lol:

-
Back