Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When did residential thermostats become accessible to remote communication?

When you can hook them up and control them with your smart phone...

Or here, they have cutoff boxes hooked up to your outside A/C compressor and they offer a 'discount' on electricity if you agree to let them cycle the compressor on and off during peak hours... But they let the blower still run to give the illusion that the A/C is working... The furnace blower still pulls some power, so how's that helping 'save' energy...

My house was built in the 60's with all electric and no forced air, so each bedroom has a separate through the wall A/C unit that the electric company can't mess which is my back up plan if it gets too hot... My dad had forced air added in the 80's.... But my oldest son burnt his wall A/C out by using it every day for over 10 years summer and winter against my direction... (and ran my electricity bill up...)

I have a spare A/C unit in the basement that will fit his room that he doesn't know about, but refuse to install it so he doesn't burn that one out also... He could have just used a 10" box fin in the winter for the background noise and summer on cool nights and opened a window, but he wouldn't listen to me, so he has to suffer the consequences of his actions and now uses box fans and a big blower in his room that he bought from the tool guy truck at work... He's moved out since, but I still am not going to waste my spare wall A/C unit in his room yet....

Last edited:
No… but but the house at the farm got hit by lightning. Blew out the AC and the thermostat, smoked the wires.

but I wasn’t there !

View attachment 1715980091

Proving once again that Chris and electricity don't mix...
wmsmiley-****-hits-the-fan.gif
:rolleyes:

Nope. It's a Barrel pick we did. The cases just arrived from the distillery and the state warehouse. It was the first pick for the store and my group (Waterloo Spirit Chasers) and another local group did the picking. Also, $10 from each bottle will go to a fundraiser for our county's Sheriff Department.

View attachment 1715979687

You must be feeling a little better if you are out buying liquor...

Whiskey.jpg

When you can hook them up and control them with your smart phone...

Or here, they have cutoff boxes hooked up to your outside A/C compressor and they offer a 'discount' on electricity if you agree to let them cycle the compressor on and off during peak hours... But they let the blower still run to give the illusion that the A/C is working... The furnace blower still pulls some power, so how's that helping 'save' energy...

My house was built in the 60's with all electric and no forced air, so each bedroom has a separate through the wall A/C unit that the electric company can't mess which is my back up plan if it gets too hot... My dad had forced air added in the 80's.... But my oldest son burnt his wall A/C out by using it every day for over 10 years summer and winter against my direction... (and ran my electricity bill up...)

I have a spare A/C unit in the basement that will fit his room that he doesn't know about, but refuse to install it so he doesn't burn that one out also... He could have just used a 10" box fin in the winter for the background noise and summer on cool nights and opened a window, but he wouldn't listen to me, so he has to suffer the consequences of his actions and now uses box fans and a big blower in his room that he bought from the tool guy truck at work... He's moved out since, but I still am not going to waste my spare wall A/C unit in his room yet....

But the trump card to all the is your "smart meter" on the side of the house. It provides the ability to remotely read consumption rates... don't imagine its much of a stretch to shut things off or charge a "fine" for over consuming.

PS... you're refrigerator reported to the Kommisar that you have too much saturated fat in the fridge...

Smoked the HVAC system. Hit the two story residential garage with apartment and the house both, they share an outside wood stove, thought is it hit the stove and then traveled the lines into the house and the garage apartment

3082915F-5FA6-4823-92A4-6D99014D7B3D.jpeg

046FA596-059D-4CAF-950E-DC7E78E0EBD3.jpeg

B39E0C06-90A2-49F0-8B36-F8402B80465A.jpeg

Grounding is your friend
Everything is. All the buildings have lightning protection with grounding Rods in all 4 corners driven 9 ft into the ground.

looks like it actually struck the outdoor stainless steel stove. And traveled the lines into both buildings

Anyone in Coffee Shop looking for some 15x3.5 Centerlines in small pattern with decent tires before I post them for sale?

Its kinda weird how I've drifted away from coffee. I'm averaging one cup of coffee a week.

I used to drink a pot a day.

I don't feel supercharged like I used to, just normally aspirated now. :D:p

Its kinda weird how I've drifted away from coffee. I'm averaging one cup of coffee a week.

I thought you just drank Mountain Dew

I bought a Cutlass Supreme New in 1982. Was a pretty nice car. But the 231 V6 in those years were Crap. Too bad I didn't wait for the Supercharged Buick, a few years later.....
Those were the days at the Buick dealer. Yes I will need to test drive that wind noise complaint! LMAO

grand national.jpg

Kinda weird for me also. I only really drink Coffee when I'm in Viet Nam. But then, nothing else really compares to Viet Coffee...:thumbsup:

When I picked up this cutter yesterday, forecast was zero percent chance of rain…

E3335914-E657-49CA-B7F7-7410CEED4335.png

CFDE7FA7-4434-4DE3-8513-66243D500A5C.jpeg

It's officially deer season here now. 86° and working it's way to 90. The National Forest area we normally hunted, knocking on the 100° door :lol: . In the next few weeks, we should have a brief rain event and deer season would be normal :lol:. Needless to say, black powder rifles not allowed during this season. I wonder how many fires Daniel Boone started when he was out huntin' vittles? :lol:

-
Back